Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

undecided about what mods to do

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delima, undecided ???

Ok i have a good it of money saved up and i wanna puts so mods on my car. But i dont know what or how to do it. I was thinking at first getting a loud-mouth cat-back, trans cooler, and like a 100 shot. Just to make it kinda quick. But one of my buddies was telling me to get kooks long tubes, off-road y-pipe, and magnaflow cat-back. Any suggestions? Which is a better combo?
Attached Thumbnails undecided about what mods to do-img_29392.jpg  
Old 10-22-2005, 06:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your buddy has good taste. But expensive taste. I assume you have an automatic since you mentioned a tranny cooler. Based on that assumption I will recommend the mods I would get and the order I would buy them in.

1). Lid. $100 and your car will breath better and it adds 10 rwhp.

2). Catback. Cream of the crop is GmmG ($700) but magnaflow, hooker and TSP Rumbler are all good alternatives for about half that price.

3). Torque converter with 24K transmission cooler. Yank SS3600 is top of the line but is kinda pricey. TCI and Fuddle make great 3500 stalls for $400-$500.

4). Pair of Nitto 555R drag radials for the back tires. After the torque converter goes in you'll see immediately why you need them. They run around $130 each.

5). LT headers. Your buddy has good tase in Kooks. They are cream of the crop but also come with a $1000+ price tag. If cost is a concern then Pacesetter make a good ceramic coated LT header for $400 and ORY is around $125. All headers make about the same power but Kooks have great fitment and are stainless steel which is what your paying the big bucks for.

After that I'd get SFC, LCA, PHB, underdrive pulley and port your TB. Then if you want N20 I'd throw a nice TNT wet kit on there. 100 shot on top of the above bolt-ons is one heck of a good time

Eventually you might even break your 10 bolt rear end. If that happens get a 12 bolt with 3.73's in them and you'll be GTG.

This car will keep you broke but it's alot of fun to mod these things. If you only spend $1,000 I would make it a torque converter, Lid and cutout. After driving a 3500 stall I could never go back to driving a stock torque converter again.

Good luck and remember to use the search feature here as a ton of mod info is just sitting on this database waiting to be read.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And don't buy the loudmouth if you ever plan on headers. They sound great on stock cars but they sound god awful on cars with Longtube Headers and ORY. Your buddies suggestion of Magnaflow is a pretty good option. Stainless steel that sounds good on stock cars and great on ones with headers/ory.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
And don't buy the loudmouth if you ever plan on headers. They sound great on stock cars but they sound god awful on cars with Longtube Headers and ORY. Your buddies suggestion of Magnaflow is a pretty good option. Stainless steel that sounds good on stock cars and great on ones with headers/ory.

And if you get a cam the LM is TOTAL ***.