Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of getting HP TUNERS

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of getting HP TUNERS

Hey guys I was thinking of getting HP Tuners and a lab top to start tuning my car myself. But I have never really attempted to tune a car before and was just wondering how difficult it is to learn how to tune a car? Is this something that the average guy can do? Do I need any other software other then HP Tuners? I really would like to learn how to use it for the fact I want to start playing with different H/C combo's and don't want to pay someone every time I do a Cam swap to tune my car. Also do you have to tune the car on a dyno or can you tune it at the Track/street? I am sorry for the basic questions, but like I said I really would like to learn how to use the software.

Dan
Old 10-22-2005, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Prolly want to read through the stickies
Old 10-22-2005, 09:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SLPSS99
1.Hey guys I was thinking of getting HP Tuners and a lab top to start tuning my car myself. But I have never really attempted to tune a car before and was just wondering how difficult it is to learn how to tune a car?
2.Is this something that the average guy can do?
3.Do I need any other software other then HP Tuners?
4.Also do you have to tune the car on a dyno or can you tune it at the Track/street?
1.there is alot of reading you'll need/should do before you start...if you go plugging in stuff where you shouldnt belong could cause issues...hpt itself now has a beginner, intermediate, advanced setting so it will cut out alot of the parameters not needed for a beginner which helps to some degree but there still is alot of info on this board and others that will help you through.
2.refer to above response...yes but there is alot to learn
3.not that i can think of..hpt pretty much does it all between editing & scanning
4.either or no dyno is necessary though...its only a tool.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:58 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SLPSS99
Hey guys I was thinking of getting HP Tuners and a lab top to start tuning my car myself. But I have never really attempted to tune a car before and was just wondering how difficult it is to learn how to tune a car? Is this something that the average guy can do? Do I need any other software other then HP Tuners? I really would like to learn how to use it for the fact I want to start playing with different H/C combo's and don't want to pay someone every time I do a Cam swap to tune my car. Also do you have to tune the car on a dyno or can you tune it at the Track/street? I am sorry for the basic questions, but like I said I really would like to learn how to use the software.

Dan
I didn't notice this thread, I just started a similar thread. I was wondering the same thing. Why pay $500.00 or more every time you make a change or upgrade to your car? Plus you can experiment and re-tune any time you like which means being able to mod and re-tune any time.