Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Missing speakers???

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Missing speakers???

I got a system put in by "Al-N-Eds" when I was stationed down in Cali.... Long story short, I got a big bill with a really crappy setup... I was'nt happy at all from the get go... 450 for a "custom" sub box that I watched them make in about 20 min. The new system had less bass than the original setup and this was with a new Alpine head unit, Amp, 12" sub... They gave me the run arround, and said they'd make it right with me, so they set up an appointment for me, I dropped the car off and was told they'd have it ready the next day... I go to pick up the car, and they have'nt even touched it... tried to tell me how busy they were and blah blah blah... and all they were suppose to be doing was swapping out amps to see if they had used a bad combo... all it would take is a couple minutes to unplug the old amp and put the new one online... And the guy told me, ya they were sorry, blah blah blah... So I just told him to put it back stock and I wanted my money back.

30 day guarntee, and I was using that on day 3... Their sign said money back guarntee but after everything was pulled out and put back in they were only willing to give me back half of the money... words were exchanged and the guy said they could'nt refund the other half, but they'd build another box with two 10" subs, Amp, and put in two eclipse speakers in the doors for the 850 they still owed me.

So they built another box with 2-1o's and amp sitting in between them that sat on at back shelf. The guy told me they had left the tweeters unplugged because they 'just never sounded right to start with'...
My monsoon system is starting to act wierd now, it's making strange beeping sounds when the CD's shuffling, or changing tracks... so I went in to a local shop here in Idaho my friend has had good luck with, and they were looking at my stuff and I told them about the tweets being unplugged and he looked in the little vents coming out of the dash/window area and he pointed out that I did'nt have any tweeters in their period.....

Just to make sure I'm not an idiot the tweets are locatated in the corners of the dash between the wind shield and the door windows... ?

Am I making a big thing out of nothing here, or am I right thinking that the tweeters are an important component as well?

Will changing the head unit bring the rest of my stock speakers to life?

Should I just swap out everything and be done with it?

Sorry this is so long... thanks for reading.

Andy
Old 10-22-2005, 11:12 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Small claims court!!

SUE SUE SUE

If their signage was clear about the 30 day full refund, they should honor it or be sued...
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

Where are you in Idaho
Old 10-23-2005, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Their small print said claim does'nt apply to custum boxes, install time blah blah blah... And I probably should have sued them or small claimed them or something... unfortunently that was about 2 1/2 years ago so I'm just looking at Bureau or better business or something at this point.

I'm down here in Twin Falls...
Old 10-23-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you paid with credit card you can probably disput depending on your lender.
If they messed up your stock stuff then they should fix it. PERIOD.