Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! About to install 921's

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Help! About to install 921's

I have a couple of questions before I start. 1st Where can a get a adaptor that threads in to my sparkplug hole to filll the cylinder with compressed air? 2nd can I use any spring compressor or do I need a special one, there is a Sears near me so I could get one there. The motor is out of the car and on a engine stand. I want to start this afternoon so any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's soooooo much easier to swap springs with the motor out of the car...you're lucky. Any spring compressor will work. I used an overhead spring compressor that I bought cheap from sears. The air adapter can be bought at a hardware store or maybe autoparts store (I did it this way a few years back but can't remember where I bought the adapter). With the engine out why don't you just do the top dead center method...would be easier than crawling under the car 4 different times to rotate the crank if the engine were still in there plus then you wouldn't have to buy the adapter.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks I just got finished with the install. They went in very easy and had no problems.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

A note fore others is that you can use the compression gauge hose to feed air into the cylinder. But on the end of the house (the end that screws into the spark plug hole) has a one way check valve that has to be removed with a needle nose plier. This keeps the air from returning back into the chamber with the valve in there. Remove it and walla, you got a hose you can now use both for compression and valve spring changes (make sure you dont lose that check valve otherwise it will now only be a spring change hose)

Dixit