Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

28x9 - et drag or hooser?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 28x9 - et drag or hooser?

anyone ever run these tires and compared the two? i have run et drags which are 27.3" and am thinking of the hooser that is a full 28" tall. which would hook better? i go 1.47-1.49 on m/t radials and am looking to really hammer these things out of the hole with my auto car on spray. thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ran them both Hoosiers don't seem to last very long ,great at first and go away quick for me. M/T's hook till there bald usually especially an auto car.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOSTO RACING
I have ran them both Hoosiers don't seem to last very long ,great at first and go away quick for me. M/T's hook till there bald usually especially an auto car.
Which compound in Hoosiers did you get? I have had very good luck with the CO6 & D05. They don't like real hot burnouts though, they will go away pretty quick if they are over heated...at least that's been my experence.

I haven't run mickies in a while. I used to have a bit of a problem with rollout between tires when they were new...I would allway have to stretch one abit to get the roll out the same for both tires. Is that still an issue with the Mickies?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

I am currently running the 28 X 9 ET Drags, but I find that the rpm range was a little different on the engine than when I was running the 28 X 10's. I then found out the were nearly an inch shorter than the 28 x 10's. I find that the M/T's have good longevity and have always worked fairly well for me.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Maggie
Which compound in Hoosiers did you get? I have had very good luck with the CO6 & D05. They don't like real hot burnouts though, they will go away pretty quick if they are over heated...at least that's been my experence.

I haven't run mickies in a while. I used to have a bit of a problem with rollout between tires when they were new...I would allway have to stretch one abit to get the roll out the same for both tires. Is that still an issue with the Mickies?
Its been awhile since I ran the hoosiers I don't rember the compound.
The m/t's haven't had any roll out issues for me ,but some people I know have had that problem.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Maggie

Excuse my ignorance, but what is exactly is roll out? I want to run 28's on my 94 aswell

Last edited by Vaders94; 10-28-2005 at 01:32 AM.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vaders94
Excuse my ignorance, but what is exactly is roll out? I want to try to run 28's on my 94 aswell
Roll out is a comparative measure of the diameter of the tire vs the actual distance of travel the tire will complete during the course of a single revolution or a measured portion thereof.

The tire with a larger diameter or circumference will travel a greater distance per revolution.

This can be corrected by airing up the short tire to a pressure that will stretch it to the same(or slightly larger) circumference as the larger tire. Let it set a while and air it down to running pressure and it should hold its size.

Roll out is also used to measure how far a tire will travel from the staged position to the point that it breaks the beams.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:00 AM
kp
8 Second Club

or you can just call it circumference, M/T tires are pretty bad with it. Last two sets were over an inch off from each other and I could never get them the same size, even with 45psi laying in the sun all day on the 'small' one. Eventually you will see one wears down faster then the other. If you have a dealer where you can mount them and measure them that has some stock you can find two that are close.

Hoosier airs their tires up and writes the measument on the tire so you (or the warehouse/store sending them to you) can pick a pair that are close without having to mount them on your own wheels which is kinda nice.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

good luck John, I just got my 28x9 hoosiers today in the mail.I'm looking for something that will grow just a little on the top end. I'll let you know how they do as soon as I get a chance.