Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Untuned LS6 intake...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 09:20 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Untuned LS6 intake...

Would it pass...I am about put back on my stock exhaust manifolds for emissions testing. My car never got tuned, so would the LS6 manifold pass emissions here in Ca. I am almost certain it will, but I want to be sure. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:55 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Is this like a really retarded question or something? please let me know if it is
Old 10-28-2005, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have the LS6 intake w/egr, then you will be fine. The intake isn't going to alter emmissions in any meaningful way. If you don't have EGR, then you might run into complications.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:55 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yeah its got the EGR along w/ it. I just want to make sure cause it was never tuned.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should have no problem, the only reason you'd fail w/ an LS6 intake is because they usually don't have EGR (tampering with emissions equipment)
Old 10-29-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Should have no problem, the only reason you'd fail w/ an LS6 intake is because they usually don't have EGR (tampering with emissions equipment)
yah but doesn't it make no difference if you just saw it down an inch or so? I mean, they could pop off your TB and check but DAM that would be one **** inspection!
Old 10-29-2005, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

i passed my 99 with a ls6 intake 224 cam 42lb injectors and headers on it with bad cats. and that was done untuned.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Lithium
Would it pass...I am about put back on my stock exhaust manifolds for emissions testing. My car never got tuned, so would the LS6 manifold pass emissions here in Ca. I am almost certain it will, but I want to be sure. Thanks.
Like everyone has said, it shouldn't be a problem if you have the egr and smog crap hooked up still. But I saw in your sig that you have LT's w/ ory pipe, that might be a different story. If it's just a regular smog check, they'll most likely fail you on visual inspection and you might not pass on the sniffer with the y-pipe. If it's a test only smog check just be ready to grab your ankle's.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:15 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by Slammed99s10
Like everyone has said, it shouldn't be a problem if you have the egr and smog crap hooked up still. But I saw in your sig that you have LT's w/ ory pipe, that might be a different story. If it's just a regular smog check, they'll most likely fail you on visual inspection and you might not pass on the sniffer with the y-pipe. If it's a test only smog check just be ready to grab your ankle's.
seriously. Its not a test only check, so thats good!

I just got done putting on the stock manifolds and cats. Pain in the *** but its done now. Much easier swap this time, took me half the time as when I first installed the headers/ory...still sucked though
Old 10-30-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

How does it feel going from longtubes to stock manifolds? How much hp does the butt-o-meter say you've lost? After having done the swap a couple of times now, you should be able to put the LT's back on in a couple hours, huh?
Old 10-30-2005, 02:17 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Hahaha I wish it only took a couple hours!

It was like 6 this time, first time was double that...mostly wrestling around with the TSP ORY and it being my first time installing headers.

I have not driven around yet, I am looking forward driving around and feeling the difference in power.

The stock **** is going to stay on for a month or so also, I am going to be buying some heads/cam very soon...so I ll swap the stuff back in when I start the install...god I hate emissions here.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:45 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
How does it feel going from longtubes to stock manifolds? How much hp does the butt-o-meter say you've lost? After having done the swap a couple of times now, you should be able to put the LT's back on in a couple hours, huh?
What heads and cam do you have?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lithium
What heads and cam do you have?
Yeah, that's a perfect time to do LT's. I'd wait also. I've got ported 241's and the comp 216/220 cam. I could have gone bigger, but I like the idea of not having to change springs for 100k miles. I don't care about peak #'s anyway, because my car is a DD and I don't know when I'll take it to the track. I was really happy with how the car turned out though. It feels strong from idle to 6300. It kinda feels like a stock car with WAY more power. What heads and cam are you thinking of using?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:39 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Thats definitely a good setup for a DD. Especially with that spring change interval, I had no idea springs could go that long with that cam. I was going to go that route myself, I actually bought two cams now that I have sold...a 224 and a 226 both with a 114lsa..hoping it would pass the sniffer. I never installed them though cause I knew once it was in I would want to go bigger.

I am really considering getting the MS3 or the F14 and some heads. I am not real sure on what heads though, I am trying to work it out one of the guys at TSP right now. I am just tired of worring about emissions and having that hold me back from what I really want to buy you know? So I am just saying F it now and go with a big *** cam. I am hoping in the next two years someone will hook me up with their connection for cheating emissions. Or I will just try to find someone who will take some money to pass me. That not for another two years though so I got plenty of time to figure something out.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Have you looked into the F13? If I wasn't concerned about emissions, I think I'd probably go with this one. This one seems to make more power than the MS3. There is a guy up here than does over 430rwhp I believe, with stock heads. It has great driveability and makes great power. Check it out. The guys on this site that have it, love it.

EDIT: My bad, I just read that you listed the F14. I'm blind LOL.

Last edited by Redneck Z; 10-30-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:01 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Hahaha yeah the F14 is also being considered. I am still not real sure though because I dont want to have to flycut when I get heads...I am still trying to get some more info from TSP, they said they have a couple heads that will clear. I am pretty sure that the F14 does not clear most heads either...

Quick Reply: Untuned LS6 intake...