Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt-on tune?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bolt-on tune?!?!?!?

Just intalled a LT,s and TD,s , and Ported The TB .

What kind of tune do I need to get the maximum from it ?

its a 2000 M6.

Ya could someone explain for me how would the Tq manegment harm my car performance ?

Tool used : Hp Tuners....

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by prostock_bigblock
Just intalled a LT,s and TD,s , and Ported The TB .

What kind of tune do I need to get the maximum from it ?

its a 2000 M6.

Ya could someone explain for me how would the Tq manegment harm my car performance ?

Tool used : Hp Tuners....

Thanks.
from what I have found I just have mainly adjusted the VE tables. It was actually off quite a bit from stock (I have installed only the airflow items in my sig...stock cam and everything still). I asked the same question you are asking sometime this summer a thread called "bolt-on tuning how much" or something similar. I didn't get a great help from that thread, but there are some interesting points in there. But mostly you will be dealing with the VE tables and getting them spot-on before you do anything. A WBO2 will help out tremendously in that regard. I haven't got too much into the part-throttle enrich and parameters of the like, but I'm in full-time SD now and am running a constant 13.1 AFR as opposed to the 16-17AFR it was running before with just the intake/exhaust mods. I'm still in the very early stages of tuning, and hindered by an inoperable clutch right now, but I can tell you that getting the AFR in the ballpark of where it is supposed to be makes one hell of a difference. As for torque management, I probably better leave that question to someone who has experience in that area. My advice if you can afford it, and you don't already have one, is to buy a wideband o2 (LM1 here but there are other options as well) as it makes getting the AFR correct so much easier, and to go to work on the VE tables. That'll get you started. Good luck to you.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the advise ...........
Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

any one!!!???