Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

monsoon tweeter location?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default monsoon tweeter location?

Are the tweeters located in the dash behind the circular vents next to the mirrors or are those just anti fog vents or something...

Any body have a picture of the tweeter location in a LS1 Camaro?
Old 10-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

I think that the tweeters are mounted with the 6.5" speakers up front in a coaxial configuration (tweeter mounted on top of the other)
Old 10-27-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by umrjmac
I think that the tweeters are mounted with the 6.5" speakers up front in a coaxial configuration (tweeter mounted on top of the other)
This is exactly how the tweeter is mounted on the camaros front speakers.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Launching!

So just pull off the stereo cover and I should be able to see them...

Al-N-Eds screw'd me their too... I tried pulling my covers off along time ago, and I think I'd have to break them to get them off, unless their is a trick to getting them off...

WHen adding a new HU should I buy new/relocate the tweeters for better sound?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

the speaker grilles in the doors are part of the door panel and cannot come off, you can remove the whole door panel. i think, now i cant remember. you could relocate the tweeters for better sound, i was too lazy and just replaced the speakers with better ones. all coaxial.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Launching!

component speakers (aka seperate highs and mids) if a decent set always sound better than coaxial. you have much better control over sound with your crossovers and positioning and directing sound in a car like a camaro could make or you stereo system.

the door panels should come off as one piece(i have yet to work on sound in my camaro but my truck's did and most cars are the same... one peice).
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LeddySS98
So just pull off the stereo cover and I should be able to see them...

Al-N-Eds screw'd me their too... I tried pulling my covers off along time ago, and I think I'd have to break them to get them off, unless their is a trick to getting them off...

Heres a few pictures. Hope this helps. These are from my Camaro with the monsoon system. These speakers are the front door speaker and tweeter. Any questions let me know.

The skinny speaker is the tweeter, which was removed from the other speaker - a before and after.

You can see the bigger speaker is a 2ohm but on the picture below you will see the tweeter runs on 4ohm.

On the right you can see how it looks when removed from the bigger speaker.

Heres how it looks, on and off the bigger speaker. And yes! when you take off the tweeter from the bigger speaker you have to break the glue to sperate the tweeter.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RelentleZ
component speakers (aka seperate highs and mids) if a decent set always sound better than coaxial. you have much better control over sound with your crossovers and positioning and directing sound in a car like a camaro could make or you stereo system.

the door panels should come off as one piece(i have yet to work on sound in my camaro but my truck's did and most cars are the same... one peice).
Yeah, to remove the speaker you have to remove the door panel. The grille as mentioned earlier is as one, with the door panel and is in-fact glued to the door panel -if you wanted to you can modify the speaker grille so you dont' have to remove the door panel, i know I've seen this done before.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would put them on the black triangle peice, next to the side windows.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by RelentleZ

The Camaro speakers are components - they're just mounted one in front of the other similar to a coaxial.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98boxer
I would put them on the black triangle peice, next to the side windows.
How would one go about doing that?
Old 04-19-2018, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That black plastic piece is super brittle, I would not mount anything to it. It has one screw holding it, and 3 plastic pegs that just go into the rubber window molding. You could make a replacement plate to hold the tweeter, but I wouldn't.

A better location would be the base of the A-pillar trim. It is easy to remove from the car to work on, and much more stable. Many component speaker kits come with small stands for the tweeters which allow you to angle them towards you. These could be used to affix them in place.