Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Rough Idle problem solved!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 07:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idle problem solved!

Problem solved! And boy, do I feel stupid, haha. My car has been running pretty horrible lately at low RPM's. I mean I'd accelerate but nothing would pick up until about 1500-2000 RPM's and then my car would play catch up. Sometimes it would like to not really run at all bucking all the way, at stop lights the car would idle horrible surging between 400-700 rpm. I took my car down to Jeff Creech to have him tune it (NOTE: Nelson Perf. locks their PCM's; inform them prior to driving 200 miles to get your car tuned) and mentioned my problem. He promptly hooked it up and said "that's not right!" --> Walked over to my fuse box pulled out the engine sensor fuse and sure enough it was blown. Prior to taking my car to him I replaced the MAF sensor TWICE! (the first one I bought from LS1tech, I thought was just a bum sale and then I opted to buy a brand new one from Autozone which set me back another 150$. I also replaced the 02 sensors because they were through o2 sensor heater malfunction codes. They were both 70$ a pop, So let's compare... 290$ vs. 99 cent fuse. I'm just glad it's running so much better now and big thanks goes out to Jeff Creech for knowing what's up.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Jeff Creech and everyone at CAM do a super job. I just recently came back from having my car worked on. Overall very pleased.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

Creech is the man !