View Full Version : noise when I turn the steering wheel

dajodsterman
10-29-2005, 07:32 PM
When I wiggle the steering wheel back and forth there is a loud creaking noise at the front of the car. It happens sitting still or turning at slow speeds (ex. parking lots). It dosen't sound like metal to metal but it does sound bad. Anyone had this problem before?

dajodsterman
10-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Could it be bushings or something? Maybe a bad alignment? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kenafin_02TA
10-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Check the level of your power steering fluid as well...

dajodsterman
10-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Just checked the power steering fluid to be sure, it's ok. The noise dosen't sound anything like a starving ps pump. More like a creaking noise.

Joe Spinners
10-30-2005, 07:55 PM
i'm having the same problem, its kinda embarrasing when ur cruising or turning where there's chicks around :( ...i'll have to jack up the car and see what's going on there

dajodsterman
10-30-2005, 08:58 PM
I got time to look under the car a few minutes ago. I had my wife wiggle the wheel and I could see the steering cylinder moving (I guess that's what it's called). There's 2 bolts that I could see. I tightened them up, it stopped moving and the noise went away. I'll need to get the alignment checked now that the cylinder might be in a different spot. My wife just told me she hit the curb pretty bad at the bank the other day. I guess that's what loosened it. I'm just glad it wasn't anything serious. Thanks for the help guys.