Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With A Q on My Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With A Q on My Engine!

Hey Everyone first i wanna say this is my first thread so sorry if a million people asked this but i wanna figure out where my engine is at and where it can be...speed and hp wise....
I took my ride to a great guy up in ypsi, michigan does great work and i noticed the huge difference in power, i have a 3800 stall vigilante converter, a lingenfelter intake manifold, a comp cams extreme cam (not sure exactly but it was a street/strip type category), a bbk 80mm throttle body, with an big mass air flow sensor, also have a shift kit for an Auto4, SLP long tube Headers, and a SLP Loud mouth exhaust, plus alot of test-tuning with a hypertech programmer, shoot for shoot till all the shift points were right, it's also got stock 17 alluminum ss wheels with Mickey T drag radials in the back, did the minor bolt ons like the whisper lid, k&n, throttle by-pass, and the cars got about 200 additional pounds on it (amps, woofer, and air tanks for air ride), it's a T-Top so i know that it ways less than a convertable a lil.. please can someone with experience give me an educated guess of how my car would do at the strip like this? cuz it's not finished yet i with some ext. work and won't be able to run it in the winter, other than wait for a good day to get it dynoed, i just want someone to maybe figure how it will do and i'm a big guy too i way about 250 lbs if that helps out too with weight/power ratio, my next question is a lot less of words lol, what if i use a 125 shot of nx express nitrous ran correctly (purged, heated, through a T.B. plate) so i can get a before/after idea of what i got on motor and then with the nos...thank you all soo much for any help you can give....hope to hear alot soon!
Old 10-30-2005, 03:38 AM
12 Second Club

I am guessing your car will be somewhere in the mid-high 11's at 115-118mph without nitrous. A 100 shot of N20 (nitrous) usually adds about 7-10mph to the trap speed. So you're looking at potentially a 10 second car on nitrous, assuming you can get a badass 60ft down...
Old 10-30-2005, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Default oh kool

well baldurann what do you think i should do in order to secure those 60 feet? or atleast have a great 60 foot time
Old 10-30-2005, 05:54 AM
12 Second Club

a 9" rear end (the stock 10 bolt won't last long at the strip), and a bunch of suspension mods, along with some slicks would net you some pretty badass 60fts. Check with vendors to the right, and see what some of them have any sales on suspension / rear end stuff. Also, when you run at the track, it would probably be best if you took the easier part of your stereo out, to get that weight down some.

I also just saw that you got tuned with a Hypertech programmer. If anything, just take it off and sell it. Hypertech's programmer almost always slow a car down, so, if I were you, I'd just pony up the money to get a professional dyno tune. You'll be very very pleased with the results, and drivability will shoot way up.

And, I would expect a mod to move this thread fairly soon, as it isn't exactly in the correct forum...
Old 10-30-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Junkie

guess you missed this sticky:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/advanced-engineering-tech/396223-what-forum-please-read-before-posting.html
Old 10-30-2005, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

wrong forum post in the interals or something