Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

Yesterday, I turn the car off and go to roll up the driver's side window. The window was fully open, and got about 1-2 inches from the top, then just stopped. The stereo was still on, so I still had power. I hadn't opened the door (you know the whole thing with the power staying on for either ten minutes or until you open the door.) So I turn the key to the on position (didn't start the car, just turned to the on position). The window still wouldn't go up the rest of the way. The volt-meter in the gauge cluster was reading about 10V or so, which seems low. But the car started (and still starts) just fine. Also the battery was just replaced about 6 months ago with an Optima Red Top. Anyway, when the car was started the window rolled right up, no problem.

Long story, I know, but what could it be? Is the volt-meter supposed to read that low when the car is off? Could it just be a faulty window switch? Any advice or ways to test it would be appreciated.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your window motor is going out. Happens to me to. Going to have to replace it sooner or later. I still need to do mine as well.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what he ^^^^ said

The motor's overheating and tripping a built in breaker... it'll start off doing it a little... then if you wait it'll work, then stop, wait, work stop etc... but it won't be long till the motor is totally dead