Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

hood alignment

Old 10-30-2005, 07:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hood alignment

ok, so i just picked up a WS9 hood from a member here, and i went to put it on but i cant get it to line up right. it got dark and i finally gave up for the night, but it just wont line up at all. it was on someone elses car and is already painted so its been prepped and stuff. i was adjusting the bolts on the hood/hinges, but it doesnt seem to work right.

the driver side of the hood is rubbing against the quarter panel, and is too close to the headlight, i tried adjusting it, but it doesnt want to work right.

help
Old 10-31-2005, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

Put up a picture of what you are trying to describe if you can, that always helps.

The headlight covers can be adjusted some, Mine looked like crap from the factory for example. The important thing is getting the hood lined up correctly with the front bumper cover. If the hood is too far forward or back you will need to modify your hinges a little. There are 2 bolts which hold the "L" shaped bracket to the hinge assembly. The rear bolt hole is elongated but the front bolt hole is not. What you want to do is remove the forward most bolt completely on the hinges, then loosn the rear bolt. This will allow you to move the hood forward or back a little, once you find the happy place, you will notice that the forward hole dosent line up anymore. Simply select the appropriate sized drill bit (the one that just barely fits in to the hole) and, using the hinge hole as a guide, drill out the excess material on the "L" bracket. The factory "L" brackets should provide enough lateral movement to shift the hood over, but you have to adjust both sides to get it to move over.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Junkie

well basically, the DS part of the hood is touching the fender pretty much, and the pass side is too far from it. the hood is too far forward and the lights wont go up. ill see if i can get some pics, and ill try what you suggested too.

Search this Thread