Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check Engine Light?

I was on a empty straigt road and decided to try and hit 155 and when I got up their my check engine light came on. I was like dang... Wonder what I did so I figured when the week came around I would take it in to check it out.. BUt the light turned off on it's own. It didnt run any diffrent. I tryed it again after I changed spark plugs because at the time I had had in the bosh plats then I was told by alot of people that those were crap and caused problems.. When I changed back to the Ac delco's I decicded to try it again to see if it made a diffrence.. the light still came on.... Any one know whats causing this? it wasnt over reved or anything.... I dont know Im not some crazy driver but I figured that if the factory would allow you to go that fast that it shouldnt have a problem and let me reiterate that the hiway was empty and stright and no one but my self was in any risk.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its your cars way of saying SLOW DOWN! Mine used to do the same thing I checked the code it was just a misfire. Most likely from the strain that was placed on the motor splitting wind at 160, weight of the car and holding higher RPM's for a longer period of time, since they do climb slower at higher mph.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 07:45 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When your going that fast...don't expect everything to be fine. Mine did the same thing as Burn's. It wasnt built for NASCAR conditions.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:50 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

It's not uncommon for the SES light to come on, go out shortly after coming on, and then a few days later come back on again. That's if there is actually something wrong with your car. Otherwise, it's probably just the symptoms the folks above have explained due to your excessive "enjoyment" of your Camaro.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:54 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, Check Engine and SES can be for 2 entirely different things. Misfire is normally associated with the SES light (in my case).
Old 11-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Launching!

the SES coming on for speeding?????
THATS TOTAL BULL$$$$$$$$$$ITTTTTTTTT

in my country we do not have speed limit (at least they dont enforce ) and I constantly go to the beach and for about 30-45 minutes I never slow less than 200Kmh (125mph) and an average of 230 (143mph) NEVER TO HAVE A SES....

probably it was a misfire, or a detonation problem (poor, old gas?) or the strims went AWOL, there are a lot of reasons for a SES of a highly stressed engine-system, better check THE EXACT NUMBER for the mil inducing code.

the MIL (malfunction indicator light) or SES will go off after three consecutive scans of the "offending" code clears out (no code) BUT the PCM WILL store the code for later reading...
Old 11-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Teching In

my 1998 ss does not do that