Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Airbrushing kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Airbrushing kits

I want to get into painting stuff and I am looking at some airbrush kits. can anyone give me some help on what kits are good. i am not looking for the most expensive kit, just something that will get the job done so i can learn.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wowsers
I want to get into painting stuff and I am looking at some airbrush kits. can anyone give me some help on what kits are good. i am not looking for the most expensive kit, just something that will get the job done so i can learn.
Well what kinds of things are you looking to paint? Have you ever used an airbrush before? I can set you straight if you can answer those questions, otherwise I am trying to lead you blind
Old 11-01-2005, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

yeah I know when I started I bought the Iwata Setup, came with an airbrush and a compressor and a few paints. But to be honest, you'd be better off buying a separate compressor and airbrush. I wish I did that last summer.
I started to, and then about 6 months later, the compressor died, havent played with it much since then, im disappointed.... becuase I really want to get into it. its alot of fun and can be like therapy

I been looking around and see that eastwood has some really nice stuff.
They are a sponsor
Old 11-01-2005, 07:00 AM
On The Tree

Was just checking out your site, awesome work... WOW !!!

Originally Posted by stryker14
Well what kinds of things are you looking to paint? Have you ever used an airbrush before? I can set you straight if you can answer those questions, otherwise I am trying to lead you blind
Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 AM
11 Second Club

I was wondering the same thing. I've never painted before, and I'd like to paint some car stuff/motorcycle stuff(Eventually) so I'd be painting over existing paint.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 AM
Banned

stryker and I have been talking about this.. he recommended the iwata hp c+ for my wife. She is interested in painting like flames on cars.. tee shirts.. finger nails.. he told me to get the moisture trap on a compressor.. a compressor that is adjustable up to 200 psi and 20 gallons capable with it being none oiless.. Also.. 10 foot nylon hose.

I have found the iwata hp c+ for 190.00 but I dont remember which site.

If you find a compressor that suits all this.. please pm me it. Thats the only piece I am missing right now to buy.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

no, ive never used an airbrush gun before. right now i just wanna learn how to paint....i will be looking to do body work, paint intake, etc. after i get good. im not really looking to do any detailing, like flames and such. so, maybe thisll help, with yalls help??
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wowsers
no, ive never used an airbrush gun before. right now i just wanna learn how to paint....i will be looking to do body work, paint intake, etc. after i get good. im not really looking to do any detailing, like flames and such. so, maybe thisll help, with yalls help??
Well if you really arent looking to paint detail stuff such as flames or any kind of graphic work than an airbrush isnt really needed. You would be better getting a mini gun that you can spray base colors and clears through, and then you can pick up a cheap full size gun for spraying primers. I use a sata mini jet4 to spray all my bases and clears on smaller stuff such as intakes, frcs, and lids. The mini jet has a tip size of 1.0mm. To spray my primer I will use a full size hvlp with a tip size of 1.8mm.

Wyckedcamaro... You should be able to get the hp-c+ for right at $160 I wouldnt pay any more than that. Also the compressor only really needs to hold up to 90-115 psi. You really will only be spraying through the airbrush no more than 60 psi and no less than 10. 20 gallon is just nice to have cause it doesnt constantly run when airbrushing. I have a 60 gallon that I use and I can airbrush for about a half hour before it has to kick on for about 3 minutes to fill back up.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned

thanks Stryker.. You are to the rescue AGAIN!

Old 11-01-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

yeah thanks for the help
Old 11-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

i wanted to get into painting but i have honestly no clue about it at all if anyone can get me started or point me in the right direction so that i can start off small then work my way to body work.........sorry didn't mean to steal your thread