header and cam installs

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header and cam installs

thinking about doing header and cam installs on my day's off and after work what should i charge to do these on 98 up f-body's
Old 11-01-2005, 09:53 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would charge 600 bucks to do the swap plus them supplying all the fluids and stuff and you could probably get a bunch of business since alot of places want like 800-1000 bucks to do it from what I have seen. Did my own since its so easy just time consuming. Headers I dont know how longi t takes to put them on the cars probably a good 200-300 would be about right. My local exhaust shop charged me 100 to put my lts on since I didnt have time to do it myself and thats on a truck that has aalot more room I woudl think.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:20 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been doing private installs for about 7 yrs now and It is an option for your free time. I find more and more people doing there own (Wouldn't recomend it for everyone but some can with a little help from places like LS1howto.com etc....). But don't let that discourage you I have a pretty good reputation and stay busy as well as a few others I know about that do it also there are about 4 of us on the south side that I know about and a lot more on the north side. I have most of the other guys contact info so that if I can't help some one for what ever reason (Work schedule or family etc..) I can give them another persons number that might be able to. That way in the future they will still call me for there installs. A few things to point out shops charge what they do cause they have a lot of overhead I am sure you know this though. That is all I can tell you for now Good luck.