Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

GMR SPEED twin turbo ......

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Joel@

Default GMR SPEED twin turbo ..(pics inside)

Us here at GMR are developing our twin turbo ls1 kit. I know that we are new to ls1tech,but have been around for sometime. So most of you dont know anything about us. You gotta start somewhere

Like I said, we are developing the TTkit and was wondering what kind of input you (ls1tech members) would like to see in the kit.

It will have this as follows---
2-T-61S
2-Tial 44MM wastegate
1-Tial 50mm BOV
Stainless t-clamps
3" or 2.5" SS intercooler piping
3" downpipes w/hookups to stock "I" pipe
4 ply Silicone hose
Front mount intercooler

We are planning on releasing the kit by "06".We have the some hot parts done already. Were gonna have to work are butts off ,but I know a reasonable priced kit is needed for the f-body. Any good input would be great.

THanks Joel @GMR

Last edited by Joel@GMRSPEED; 12-30-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds pretty bad ***.... even though im not a fan of Tial wastegates.....
Ill ask it now so others doent have to..... does it retain A/C??? ha ha LOL
Kyle
Old 11-02-2005, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Kyle
sounds good does it retail the a/c? that's what you'll hear alot of and complaints if it doesn't gl if I ever get into another f body I'll look you up
Old 11-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Joel@

Kyle
Thats the inpute we need. I noticed you dont like tial, why? and what would you reccomend.

As for the AC , It dosent keep it as for now. Unless I change the design a little ...but then I will have turbo size limits. We will have to see.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

AC and PS kept will sell well. Warranty on hot parts will sell well. Any pipes running under the K-member bring up issues.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

do u need a donar car? hehe..i think this would be bad ***, even if u cant keep the AC, then u can run some big twins..haha cant wait
Old 11-02-2005, 03:19 PM
SSU Moderator

I say you use two THICK logs and brace the turbo's to the block. Put the turbo's where the A/C and Alt usually go. use a nice vertical flow bar and plate I/C. I'd also recommend getting with the guys that make that MAFT-Pro and maybe your timing will coincide and you can market that with it. A nice tough twin kit with SD tuning would be the BOMB.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Joel, is this the kit thats on your orange z28?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would say definetly keep the AC....somehow. I know it's tough but it will make your product more marketable. Offer multiple turbo sizes mild to wild. If you could sell an afordable tunning solution with it that would be great also.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

I think it would be a great kit to have, keeping the factory accessories would be nice.

and id rather you not use the BOX front mount
Old 11-02-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Joel@GMRSPEED
Thats the inpute we need. I noticed you dont like tial, why? and what would you reccomend.

As for the AC , It dosent keep it as for now. Unless I change the design a little ...but then I will have turbo size limits. We will have to see.

The reason myself and others dont like Tial Wastegates is they have problems holding low boost with bigger turbo's even there 44mm WG.
Thats why i went with Turbosmart.

Now when you say this ""but I know a reasonable priced kit is needed for the f-body. """ what is your idea of Reasonable??

Kyle
Old 11-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Teching In

Now when you say this ""but I know a reasonable priced kit is needed for the f-body. """ what is your idea of Reasonable??

Kyle
Thats one of the best questions Ive read in my many days lurking.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

I think reasonable is 1000, and Ill take 4 kits once your done

lol
ed
Old 11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by WestSide
AC and PS kept will sell well. Warranty on hot parts will sell well. Any pipes running under the K-member bring up issues.
PS will be kept...working on keepinf AC. There will be a 1yr warrenty on hot parts. There will be no pipes under the k-member

Originally Posted by RyanJ
I say you use two THICK logs and brace the turbo's to the block. Put the turbo's where the A/C and Alt usually go. use a nice vertical flow bar and plate I/C. I'd also recommend getting with the guys that make that MAFT-Pro and maybe your timing will coincide and you can market that with it. A nice tough twin kit with SD tuning would be the BOMB.
The turbos will be braced to the block. Thanks for the idea of MAFT-PRO. Will look into that. The pcm will run SD.

Originally Posted by 30th t/a
Joel, is this the kit thats on your orange z28?
No, thats my own lt1 twin turbo car.

Kyle
I think a reasonable price will be under $7500
Old 11-02-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

can you show some pics of what you got done
im sure your design will change some, just for interest sake post up some pics.

you planning on mounting them in front or back of the engine. id try shooting back if you want to keep the accessories, then use a scavenge pump
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
can you show some pics of what you got done
im sure your design will change some, just for interest sake post up some pics.

you planning on mounting them in front or back of the engine. id try shooting back if you want to keep the accessories, then use a scavenge pump
I will post some pics as soon as I figure out what route Im going to take on the passenger side. I have a ruff idea in the works with some pipe. Its just a matter of keeping the AC or not. As for the scavenge pump. I want to stay away from to keep the cost down.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Launching!

I'd say offer some variety in turbo size, and power output so it will give the customers some choice.

Also when you say it will hook up to the stock "I" pipe i dont exactly understand what you mean. Im sure you already know this but these cars come stock with a "Y" pipe. Is there any difference.

And is the intercooler going to be a front-mount or is there another location.

However this is a good idea as turbo ls1s are becoming more and more common and i'd think this would be a reliable kit for these cars.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Joel@GMRSPEED

I think a reasonable price will be under $7500
I understand that that kind of price is what it takes to make a kit with all the good stuff, but Im not sure people will pay it. We are getting to a point where that is only a couple of thousand less than the cars that are selling right now.

Look at TTi's race kit, it is priced up there and not alot of them are being sold.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by 97z286speed
I'd say offer some variety in turbo size, and power output so it will give the customers some choice.

Also when you say it will hook up to the stock "I" pipe i dont exactly understand what you mean. Im sure you already know this but these cars come stock with a "Y" pipe. Is there any difference.

And is the intercooler going to be a front-mount or is there another location.

However this is a good idea as turbo ls1s are becoming more and more common and i'd think this would be a reliable kit for these cars.
We are going to offer turbo upgrades with the kit. The kit will connect to the stock intermadiate pipe...thats what I meant by "i". Front mount most likely, I might put 2 seperate ones in the fenders. I was looking at both ways..THanks joel
Old 11-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Joel@

Originally Posted by 69firebird
I understand that that kind of price is what it takes to make a kit with all the good stuff, but Im not sure people will pay it. We are getting to a point where that is only a couple of thousand less than the cars that are selling right now.

Look at TTi's race kit, it is priced up there and not alot of them are being sold.
Well that 7500 is just price that is in the air. Wont have a better idea until I get farther along with it. Thanks joel

Quick Reply: GMR SPEED twin turbo ......