Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How hard is a clutch install?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How hard is a clutch install?

Hey everyone, just wanted some opinions on how hard a clutch swap is? I have a spec stage 3 waiting to be installed, but im not sure if I should attempt it myself or pay to have it install. Its gonna cost like $400 to have it installed, which id rather spend on an ls6 intake, so basically is it more trouble than its worth? Thanks and any info would be great!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put mine in couple of weeks ago. I have lots of experimce in fords and it was my first chevy trans drop. I do all my own work if possible. It is not hard at all as long as you have a transmision jack. getting that shaft back in that pilot bearing with out a trans jack is gonna suck but besides that its not that hard . the only special tool you will need is a pilot bearing remover which you can rent from autozone .purchase the haynes book it will tell you how to bleed the clutch and is a good book to have anyways . what year is yours hopefully its a 2001 or 2002 becouse you need to replace the hydrolics while your down there. also check the flywheel and have turned if need be . should be able to do this in an afternoon