Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
Old 05-20-2016, 01:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

how to install Halo headlights? won't fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Halo Help Needed Please?!?

I am in the process of installing some halo headlights, I removed the stock ones fairly easily, but now I CANNOT get the new headlights in! I am at a total loss, and feeling pissed and stupid.

They just don't seem to fit. I tried fitting them with the bracket they came with, then took it off and put on the stock bracket after reading that they provided a tighter fit with less gap between headlight and bumper...all that is unimportant though as I can't get the damn thing to fit. Is it just a matter of pulling/forcing the lights over/under the bumper/fender etc, or is this a jigsaw puzzle that I am too retarded to solve?

Any advice from those who've done this, I can't believe I've been working on this one headlight for an hour and a half!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

1 1/2 hours?!

I probably spent 3+ getting mine in!

Easiest thing to do is ADJUST THE SCREWS all the way down first...put the lights in one side at a time, then RE-ADJUST the screws back to where they need to be.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you or anyone take the frame piece that the headlight bracket bolts too off...not the one bar that attatches the headlights to the frame piece, but that actual frame piece itself....the part that the headlight is secured to the body by?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you remove this piece?
Attached Thumbnails how to install Halo headlights? won't fit-2.jpg   how to install Halo headlights? won't fit-3.jpg  
Old 11-04-2005, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Replacing Headlight: how do you get it back in??

I posted this in the appearance section under Halo Help, but have had only 1 response.

I need help ASAP. I have the headlight out(not the bulb, the unit) and am totally dumfounded by how to get the new halo unit in???????

I've losened the front bumper by removing the five clips attatching it to the bumper at the top(cracking the lip) and still can't get the headlight in. I swear to god it does not fit. I used the mounting bracket off of the original headlight also. What the hell is going on?

I am at my wits end with this thing, I'm damn near to the point of taking the entire front bumper cover off, it's that bad. How the hell does anyone get these things in and out. I've searched, but no real help, some claim to have swapped these in 30 min, I don't see how.

Help, I'm ready to smash things!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well hot damn, what a pain in the ***! But I'm done. All that I need to do is aim the headlights, and if I'm super ****, work on closing up some of the gaps between the headlight and the bumper.

I took pictures of the install and will post them once I get the film developed, hopefully they came out well enough to provide some guidance to those looking to do Halos and Corners in the future.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Launching!

There are other threads that talk about the poor fit on some of the Halos.

I can easily get four fingers between my driver side Halo and the bumper. My passenger side is fine. Since my car and Halos are black... it doesn't show too bad.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm in the same boat color-wise. Actually my gaps aren't all that bad. I did one side of the car at a time, and re-used the stock mounting brackets. Once I had one halo on and lined up(not aimed yet) and compared it to the still on the car stock light I realized the gap wasn't that bad.

Quick Reply: how to install Halo headlights? won't fit