Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Help!! Dont Know Where To Go Or What To Do!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!! Fuel System Problems

The First Thing I Did Was Have The Fuel Injection Cleaned By Jiffy Lube. But The Problems That Im Having Are Still On Going. I Have A 2002 Chevy 1500 4.8l Lifted With A K&n Filter, Jet Chip, Jba Spark Plugs And Ngk Plugs, And An Flowmaster Exhaust. I Also Have The Hypertech Programer Which I Know I Need To Get Rid Of. The First Problem Iam Having Is When I Put The Pedal To The Floor It Hesitates To Go.?? Next When I Start It Up It Sucks Up Alot Of Gas. Next Is The Damn Gas Gauge Moves When Im In Park Or When Im Stoped. It Will Go From Half A Take To Less Then Half Then Back Up And So On. Ow Yeah It Has Like 65000 Miles On It. I Know I Need To Probably Replace The Pulleys. Is There Anything Else I Can Do To It To Help It Run Better And Get Some More Hp And Gas Milage???? Thansk David
Old 11-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Launching!

Lightbulb Help!! Dont Know Where To Go Or What To Do!

I Have A 2002 Chevy Silverado With A 4.8l It Has A Jet Chip, K&n Intake, Jba Spark Plug Wires, Platnium 4 Plugs, And A Hypertech Progrmer That I Know I Need To Get Rid Of. I Need To Find A Place Around The Orange County Or La Area Who Will Dyno My Truck And Modify My Truck Ecu. It Runs Rich Right Now And Sucks Up Alot Of Gas When I Start It. The Other Problem It Has Is The Gas Gauge Will Move When Im In Park And When I Stop?? I Want To Do Some More Performance Mods To It But I Want To Try To Solve This First!! Oow Yeah Need Rims Check Out My Work Place!! Directwheel.com I Can Get Pretty Much Anything That Is Out There!! If You Hook Me Up With Some Performance Mods Ill Help You Out With Rims And Tires!! We Are Ranked Number One With Tire Rack!! Thanks David
Old 11-03-2005, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by URLIFEWASOC
I Have A 2002 Chevy Silverado With A 4.8l It Has A Jet Chip, K&n Intake, Jba Spark Plug Wires, Platnium 4 Plugs, And A Hypertech Progrmer That I Know I Need To Get Rid Of. I Need To Find A Place Around The Orange County Or La Area Who Will Dyno My Truck And Modify My Truck Ecu. It Runs Rich Right Now And Sucks Up Alot Of Gas When I Start It. The Other Problem It Has Is The Gas Gauge Will Move When Im In Park And When I Stop?? I Want To Do Some More Performance Mods To It But I Want To Try To Solve This First!! Oow Yeah Need Rims Check Out My Work Place!! Directwheel.com I Can Get Pretty Much Anything That Is Out There!! If You Hook Me Up With Some Performance Mods Ill Help You Out With Rims And Tires!! We Are Ranked Number One With Tire Rack!! Thanks David
David,

I would hit up Strickly Performance to dyno and tune your truck. If you do a search for them you'll see alot of people have taken their vehicles there and have nothing but good things to say. As for your gas gauge problem I have no clue on while in park, but I've noticed with the trucks I've owned that when coming to a stop the gas gauge will move slightly - this is due to the way the tank is made and the gas sloshing around making the level reading go nuts for a minute till it settles down again.

Also tell odien and mr. lee Bill from Eagle says what's up. I talked to odien the other day about one of his orders. thanks.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Launching!

I would recommend lapd or a&a corvette
Old 11-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Default Fuel Gauge Malfuntion!

Fuel Gauge Malfuntion.
I Have A 2002 Chevy Silverado With A 4.8l V8. There Are Some Performance Mods Done To It But I Don’t Think It Has Anything To Do With The Fuel Gauge To Fluxtuate As Bad As It Does. Its Happens When I Am Stoped Or When I Am Park. I Already Replaced The Fuel Filter On The Drivers Side. Any Suggestions On What Else It Could Be? Thanks David
Old 11-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Launching!

Default Fuel Gauge Malfuntion

Fuel Gauge Malfuntion.
I Have A 2002 Chevy Silverado With A 4.8l V8. There Are Some Performance Mods Done To It But I Don’t Think It Has Anything To Do With The Fuel Gauge To Fluxtuate As Bad As It Does. Its Happens When I Am Stoped Or When I Am Park. I Already Replaced The Fuel Filter On The Drivers Side. Any Suggestions On What Else It Could Be?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Default Where Is Strictly Performance Located?

Where Is Strictly Performance Located?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Default fuel gauge malfuntion i think? help!!

Fuel Gauge Malfuntion.
I Have A 2002 Chevy Silverado With A 4.8l V8. There Are Some Performance Mods Done To It But I Don’t Think It Has Anything To Do With The Fuel Gauge To Fluxtuate As Bad As It Does. Its Happens When I Am Stoped Or When I Am Parked. I Already Replaced The Fuel Filter On The Drivers Side. Any Suggestions On What Else It Could Be? If it is the fuel pump is there a better fuel pump i should up grade to?
Old 12-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

Strictly is located in Van Nuys, CA. here is their website www.spmotorsports.net. Rob is the man.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reason for your fuel gauge moving when stopped is due to the fuel level sender being faulty. This can be common on some 1/2 trucks, if you want to replace it, it is an expensive piece and requires some labor to pull out the tank and swap it out. I had that problem with my 1999 Sierra 1500, my 2002 Silverado 1500HD doesn't have this problem, but it is a 3/4 truck.

As for tuning, yes Rob can help you out. One thing though, why not just remove the programming from Hypertech? Hypertech's tune is not very good. Or find someone (like me) that has HPTuners and can change some small things for you.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks

UM I THINK ILL JUST GIVE MY TRUCK TO MY BROTHER THEN AND HAVE THE GUYS AND POWER WORK ON MY TRUCK. I THINK ILL GET A DISCOUNT FROM THEN SINCE MY BROTHER WORKS THERE. Umm as for the hypertech yeah im goin to reset it back to stock and try to get rid of it same for the jet chip. im looking at gointo pcmforless and getting one from them. I am goin to try their product out and see how effective it is.
Old 12-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Thanks!!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:00 PM
Suspended Sponsor

We can and do many LS style trucks here and with great sucess. Please give us a call and we will set you up with an appointment to make it run great for you!

-Bryan

Quick Reply: Help!! Dont Know Where To Go Or What To Do!