Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best bit for cleaning up a Fast intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 04:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default best bit for cleaning up a Fast intake

I need to port match and massage the ports of the fast intake, whats the best tool to use?
Phil
Old 11-05-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a dremel with the snake attachment and some sanding rolls. The make skinny ones for rolling into the corners.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Phil...

Your better off with a "single cut" carbide and finishing it with some sandrolls when you are finished. It would take forever with sanding rolls....there is alot of material removal if you do it right (a PILE of plastic chips when I'm done).

Get yourself a .375 and a .500 oval bit and make sure you get the extended shank versions that are 6" long to get up in there better. MSC sells them for around $35-$45 a piece but they will last a long time because they are carbide (and I'm sure they are available elsewhere also).

Have fun grinding....

Tony M.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Phil...

Your better off with a "single cut" carbide and finishing it with some sandrolls when you are finished. It would take forever with sanding rolls....there is alot of material removal if you do it right (a PILE of plastic chips when I'm done).

Get yourself a .375 and a .500 oval bit and make sure you get the extended shank versions that are 6" long to get up in there better. MSC sells them for around $35-$45 a piece but they will last a long time because they are carbide (and I'm sure they are available elsewhere also).

Have fun grinding....

Tony M.
No wonder it took me 2 days to finish mine. I had more of a "pile of plastic dust" when I was done.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beast96Z
No wonder it took me 2 days to finish mine. I had more of a "pile of plastic dust" when I was done.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo @ AFR
Phil...

Have fun grinding....

Tony M.
Tony are you just porting the intake runners, or are you doing other parts also

Quick Reply: best bit for cleaning up a Fast intake