Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost and confused... help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost and confused... help

Ok I got a Ls1 conversion done in a RX7 and I had the PCM send to Jesse for a mail tune. Everything was great for 3 days but then I experienced some miss fire and after driving for a few days I think the computer went back to safe mode because it does not pull nearly as hard as I first got it back. Ok I thought the misfire was plugs so I went that route. Car ran cool for a while then I found out the real misfire issue, itwill only occur when the car is laying rubber in 2nd gears It will not do it in first or when it is hooking up. Only when it is spinning the tires. It cuts off like a bad connection, but I soldiered every wire... Does the PCM need a relay of its own for + power? I am seriously confused on why it only cut off when tires are spinning.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Staging Lane

help......
Old 11-06-2005, 04:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Its hard to diagnose anything without hard data. I was logging my friends rx7 conversion and we found it was dumping down to the low octane table because some random sensor wasn't installed on the car (forget which one it was). Only way I found out was that I happened to notice the timing was way off.

There are too many variables. You should find someone that can do some data logging for you.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah I can feel the motor does not have timing in it right now. But the strange misfire?? I don't get it.