Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring for th400, reverse lights and trunk dont work.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wiring for th400, reverse lights and trunk dont work.

Anyone know how the wiring should be? My trunk and reverse lights stoped working ever since I had someone do my conversion. Anyone converter theres to a th400 or th350 and sitll have their reverse lights and or power trunk working?
Thanks
Jimmy
Old 11-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing I was asking about in my thread. What shifter are you using? I am using a B&M Pro-Ratchet, which is nice in that it has a mount for two WOT switches, R and P/N location. Guess I will be probing wires today.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm using a Hurst Quarter Stick. I didn't notice any switches or place to attach wiring to onto the shifter, but I didn't realy look for it.
Does your power trunk work?

Let me ask you. How did you attach your shifter to the car? The guy that did the work on my car put a 2x4 piece of wood, attached it with 2 long bolts onto the car, then drilled a couple of screws from the shifter onto the wood. I got carried away when I was shifting and pulled to hard, and pulled one of the screws out of the wood, so I will have to get a drill and drill more screws in, or im thinking of getting a piece of metal and drilling it for bolt holes.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Restricted User

I wouldnt use wood to mount it! I will be finishing up my install in about an hour. I may have to throw it in, like a limp mode for installs, just to get me home today as I go to the field tomorrow. By next w/e it will be finne and pics will be up. On my shifter the two WOT's get wired in using the wires that come off the black plastic mount on the stock shifter (pass side of shifter). Anyway, one is for P/N which also allows the hatch release to work, and the other is for Rev. lights.
I have heard of some ppl using bolts with a tubular spacer, Lowes/Home Dept, but will find out in a bit when I go to finish the mounting.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:52 AM
Restricted User

the pro stick comes with the neutral switch and you can buy the microswitch for reverse lights if you want it.

on th stock NSS connector:

orange/black and Black/white are for the hatch release and letting the PCM know the car is in drive/reverse. No place to hook this up on an aftermarket shifter.

purple/white and DARK green are for the neutral safety switch.

brown and LIGHT green are for the reverse lights.

Thats what kp posted a few months ago, just found it on a search, assidently skipped this one the first few times.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CAT3
the pro stick comes with the neutral switch and you can buy the microswitch for reverse lights if you want it.

on th stock NSS connector:

orange/black and Black/white are for the hatch release and letting the PCM know the car is in drive/reverse. No place to hook this up on an aftermarket shifter.

purple/white and DARK green are for the neutral safety switch.

brown and LIGHT green are for the reverse lights.

Thats what kp posted a few months ago, just found it on a search, assidently skipped this one the first few times.
You have to have the stock switch in the p position all the time for the truck to work...the lights will have to be hooked up by taggin the wires that are supposed to normally go to the stock one but instead splice to go to the aftermarket shifter. Hope this is clear. I ziptied my stocker in the P place and shoved it back under the carpet.

Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can you please elaborate. I didn't do the install myself, so bare with me fore a second.
What is the stock switch going to look like? Basically when I removed the Hurst shifter to tighten down the bolts, I saw a bunch of wires that are taped together. I didn't see a switch.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy P
Can you please elaborate. I didn't do the install myself, so bare with me fore a second.
What is the stock switch going to look like? Basically when I removed the Hurst shifter to tighten down the bolts, I saw a bunch of wires that are taped together. I didn't see a switch.
Its a black box on the right side Its about 5 inches long and 3 inches tall and almost looks like a banana....Hopefully your installer didnt cut the box out. Because you need that box in order to pop your truck nad the sliding switch on it has to be in park or neutral for you to be able to pop your trunk.

Quick Reply: Wiring for th400, reverse lights and trunk dont work.