Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody drive the car with WOT switch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody drive the car with WOT switch?

I'm using a window switch and WOT switch to engage my nitrous kit, and I don't want to use a button. I know there are going to be times when I won't be able to hook up as I don't have 1st gear lock out, and I was wondering if anybody else just pedals it or holds in about 90% throttle to get it going and then hits it. I know there is going to be a certain amount of skill needed to do this but I think I'll get the hang of it. Does anybody see a potential problem with this, or do you do the same thing? Fill me in please.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
I'm using a window switch and WOT switch to engage my nitrous kit, and I don't want to use a button. I know there are going to be times when I won't be able to hook up as I don't have 1st gear lock out, and I was wondering if anybody else just pedals it or holds in about 90% throttle to get it going and then hits it. I know there is going to be a certain amount of skill needed to do this but I think I'll get the hang of it. Does anybody see a potential problem with this, or do you do the same thing? Fill me in please.
just go wot then when you feel it's perfect time arm it and it'll hit but if your not at the rpm you specifie(window switch) then it's not. hope you understand
Old 11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Not sure I understand, but you should have arming switch. Most have window,wot and arming switch.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I have an arming switch, but I don't want to have to fool with hitting buttons and switches when I'm in the middle of a pass. I guess I'll just have to run it to see if the tires will hold out of the hole.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPEEDYws6
Consider a progressive controller...NX FJO for instance.