Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

What are your winter projects/plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 05:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What are your winter projects/plans?

I'm taking my vette to boston on tuesday, then when it gets back it's getting detailed, then it's getting parked in the garage until spring...

I was cleaning out my garage today so I could pack all the summer toys away and was wondering what's everyone planning for their cars for the winter... Anyone buying anything new, new mods, projects... anything?

I was going to be putting a cam and Nitto's on the Z, and even thinking about a small 100-125 shot. But I have decided just to leave it the way it is because I have a new toy on the way in the next couple weeks that will be taking most of my attention next year so for now I'm just going to leave the Z the way it is, a quick, nice driving street car.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm putting on a couple parts I got from noyzee the first weekend in december, then the car will get tucked away in it's cave until spring... when a th400 with a big n/a stall will go in, and hal shocks, double adjustable if I can afford them. Then it's off to the track, make a bunch of first and 1/2 of 2nd runs (shut down before 1/8th mile, so I will not get the boot until I have the suspension working right, when I get booted.. I don't want it to be a 11.49) until I have the suspension set right.. and then time ofr a full blast and get the boot for no roll bar.

Then, starts the plans for te cage, kirkey's, and LW k member, a arms upper and lower, lw 3rd gen spindles, and lw 3rd gen strange front brakes, and lw rear brakes, and abs delete to get the weight of the cage back out and then some.`

LW battery, elec water pump, lw radiator overflow, relocated to back ( safety thing ) and some other stuff to follow.

Then paint.. and start saving for the next power level, a world products 500 CI lsx motor with the baddest heads I can get, HUGE cam to feed it, HUGE headers to exhaust it, single plane intake with a nasty elbow and TB setup.. hopfully 700 rwhp on motor alone

Oh, and a garage, driveway extension, new siding and windows on my house, update the electrical, and a few other things for the house.

Yes, I'm gonna be busy LOL!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car has been under the knife since september and should be done soon and running.... im gunna break it in until we get the first snow, then it will probally get put under the car cover and only come out on nice weekends.
over the winter i have some odds and ends to finish up with it
-front brakes: powerslots, stainless lines, hawk or ebc pads
-3.5 driveshaft... with the power im making now my stocker isnt going to last very long
-weld prostars for the rear with a 28inch tall hoosier for nitrous passes
-MT et street radials for the stock 17x9's and N/A passes at the track
- possibly doing a cage, EWP, and a few more odds and ends, but im saving up for a nice daily driver that i wanna buy in the spring, so im not going all out yet.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Oh, and a garage, driveway extension, new siding and windows on my house, update the electrical, and a few other things for the house.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that stuff. I just had my entire foundation dug up and resealed, aslo had foundation drains put in because when the house was built in the 70's they didn't feel the need to put them in . Now thats done, I'm putting new windows in (just started this weekend), A new heating system, Finishing my basement off(adding a bar, a big room for a pool table and big screen, another bedroom, a big bathroom wit a hot tub and a new laundry room) Then in the spring I'm going to tear off my deck and build a much bigger one that attaches to the back of my garage.

So I'm going to be pretty busy myself.

Also if anyone wants to buy my current heating setup I'll sell it all pretty cheap. I have a weil-mclain boiler with a hot water coil and an oil tank. It's all about 6 years old and works perfect. I'm going to switch to a gas munchkin(wall mounted ) with a powerstor
Old 11-06-2005, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

oh gee what will the winter bring for me... humm... i do know that the spring will bring, well ya'll will have to see i will say that it includes a cage
Old 11-06-2005, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

I'm going to finish my newest LS1 project.. I'm gonig to get my ls1 running and ready to race for next year.. Oh yeah its 5.0 fox body chassis...

now all I have to do is find a motor..
Old 11-06-2005, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
oh gee what will the winter bring for me... humm... i do know that the spring will bring, well ya'll will have to see i will say that it includes a cage
Can't wait to see what your running next spring! You better be ready to get alot of track time in as soon as the weather clears, because I'm going as much as possible, so give your boss a heads up now Sounds like maybe we'll both be towing trailers to the track next spring

Oh and I like the new title, you skipped right over the 12 second club
Old 11-06-2005, 07:30 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

nothing-winter summer fall-im through
Old 11-06-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

PAY credit card bills for all the money i spent this summer Wait this isn't funny
Old 11-06-2005, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Can't wait to see what your running next spring! You better be ready to get alot of track time in as soon as the weather clears, because I'm going as much as possible, so give your boss a heads up now Sounds like maybe we'll both be towing trailers to the track next spring

Oh and I like the new title, you skipped right over the 12 second club
ahh i wasnt even gonna get the title change til u told me to. ya thats another addition, a trailer...and the truck to tow it... humm just have to steal my moms durango
Old 11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I began my forced induction project. Started ordering parts. I'm kinda torn between the Procharger D1SC and Hi-Flo's single turbo kit. Anyways, I'm probably going to pull the motor for forged rods and pistons, slap on my 6.0 heads, and bolt up the tubular kmember. Then I will rebuild the T56 and add a Spec 4 --> Denny's shaft --> into a 9" 3.73 rear. Then come income tax return, I will order the power adder and fuel system.

Unfortunately this **** costs money which is always a factor. I hope to have the car up and running by summer with some PSI envy!

Andy
Old 11-06-2005, 07:47 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Too many plans. I just hope I have the money to do all of them

I'm going to CT this weekend hopefully. Going down to look at a built Donzi. Has a 436ci procharged Small block, around 870hp.

If I get the boat, my other plans will be on hold.

I have to finish building my Sea Doo.

Plans over the winter for the car: GForce built T56, Billingsley Racing Fab 9", and a 408 with a turbo.

I need to send out my iForged wheels, and have them redone. I'm going with black centers, and keeping a polished lip, with polished bolts. I might end up sending them down to Rimpro, since they just had a new powdercoating setup installed in house.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Too many plans. I just hope I have the money to do all of them

I'm going to CT this weekend hopefully. Going down to look at a built Donzi. Has a 436ci procharged Small block, around 870hp.

If I get the boat, my other plans will be on hold.

very nice, speed boats are badass... just expensive and pain to keep running..
my dad has a 42 fountain with twin pat musi built 572CI merlins
Old 11-06-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
I have to finish building my Sea Doo.
PWC or boat?
Old 11-06-2005, 08:52 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by 1RawTA
very nice, speed boats are badass... just expensive and pain to keep running..
my dad has a 42 fountain with twin pat musi built 572CI merlins
Well said, but since your dad's got quite the boat... I'm sure you realize how fun it is! There's nothing like boating. I boat at my parents house on Lake Sunapee, but also have many friends with houses on Winni. So I frequent the both of them. I hope to try some offshore boating when I get my boat. I've been around Martha's Vineyard fishing and such, but offshore powerboating is a different animal.

Originally Posted by destroyerSS
PWC or boat?
PWC, it's a 2000 XP (951cc). I'm doing a 1200cc big bore kit, forged Wiseco pistons, factory crank, billet head, pipe, carbon fiber reeds, buckshot carbs., intake grate, solas impeller, and a new pump.

I'm going to throw some auto meter gauges on it, and chrome a few things. Then it's going to be painted red, black, and silver. With a Jet Trim, matching seat.

It's so hard to get build info though. And parts and experienced people are also hard as hell to find. Especially up here, the season is so short.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

LOL well here in beautiful Tampa Fl racing season is in its prime. so my goals are to port my intake add my spray and het that mid 10 second pass and a 11.5 N/a pass.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by destroyerSS
PAY credit card bills for all the money i spent this summer Wait this isn't funny
word!!! I'm working LOTS of OT. The plan is to pay off my $6000 cc debt, then make another $10,000 or so in OT for my spring buildup. I must be retarded i swear. I could by a new car for $10000
Old 11-06-2005, 11:15 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Went to the doctor 4 weeks ago
This is the basic results..

Cholestral 280
BP 142/95

I'm now on 3 different meds and I'm scared...There are NO PLANS to my GTO other than installing the HF cats I have sitting at the shop and getting the TSB done on the seat tracks...

I'm looking to the future and my health and this is much more important.U guys have fun,for me I need to save $$$$ and take better care of myself......

God bless.....

Last edited by JS; 11-07-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

working on my house and building a new project
Old 11-07-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I can't spend too much this winter, got a wedding coming up next summer, plus the house needs a few improvements.

But I do have a few small things, mostly trying to cut some weight. Fiberglass hood, ripping out the AIR system, getting a pair of straight pipes fab'd up to replace the cats in the Y for the track, and some skinnies along with slicks on a lightweight drag rim. Then probably a FAST 90/90 once I get my tax return in the spring.