Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with EFILive

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with EFILive

I think I'm having a brain fart from all of the reading I've done on EFILive. After having gone through all off the documentation included with it (more than once) as well as looking through the EFILive and LS1Tech site, something ain't clickin . I read the tuning 101 document and it's great except it's for HPTuners. Does anyone know of a similar document for EFILive? So far I've been able to read my calibration, download it and save a copy. I've also been able to do some data logging and save a log file as well. Since my car is now put away for the winter I'd like to spend my time learning what PID MAPS I should create using the scan tool software, what it is the MAPS are telling me and how I use this information to make changes to the corresponding table in the tune software to my original tune. Since I won't be doing any reflashing yet I can play around with the tune as much as I want just to get experience making changes. That way, when I get my car back on the road in the spring I'll understand what I'm trying to do and why. I'll be logging more data then but not until I've had a chance to drive the car around for a while to give the PCM some time to relearn. I installed a cold air box before I put it away but didn't get enough time to drive the car around. As a newbie, I really appreciate the help from those of you who've already been through the learning curve and have the experience to help out the novices.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Best thing you can do is spend time on the EFI Live Forum and play with the software. There is very limited documents to teach you to tune. There is a section on the forum for some help with there advanced features!

Good luck!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

You can still use the HPTuners tuning document. Every table that you need in HPTuners is in EFILive....it just might not have the exact same name. As for making MAPS, the key is to find the table you want to tune and then create the MAP based on the way that table looks in the tuning software. So if you want to change the VE for example, you need to create a MAP with manifold pressure in the columns and RPM's in the rows in the same increments as the tables show. Then, list the data you wish to use to tune it with. Say you're LTFT's are within +/-10, you could use STFT's as your data. That will give you a percentage for each cell to show how far off your VE table is. Just make sure you're using good data (at least 50~100 cell counts).
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

see the link in my sig