Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Software for Apple

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Software for Apple

Does anybody know of any editing/tuning software that can be used with an Apple Powerbook G4 laptop. If there isn't any, has anybody tried any software on a Mac with Virtual PC.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No software offers native support for crapple as far as I know...

Would be good to know though if anyone's used any of the softwares out there successfully with a windows emulator though (this question's been asked once or twice before regarding linux... but I don't think there's been anyone yet that is willing to risk killing their PCM to test it out)
Old 11-06-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
No software offers native support for crapple as far as I know...

Would be good to know though if anyone's used any of the softwares out there successfully with a windows emulator though (this question's been asked once or twice before regarding linux... but I don't think there's been anyone yet that is willing to risk killing their PCM to test it out)
You will not find a solution with native support for the MAC. I would guess that some type of virtual PC would work fine if it could recognize the required communication driver (which is USB based).

If it was me, I would just buy a cheap Windows based laptop (maybe even used). The hardware requirements are very low for most of the products.

Another thing to consider is the next version of EFI-live. http://www.efilive.com It is going to have stand alone hardware capabilities (so you would not need a laptop at all), but would probably want a desktop windows PC to do advanced analysis... Hard to do much with a few buttons and a small LCD screen.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I use an LT1 tuner program on an Apple laptop with Virtual PC and a USB cable. Works great.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:21 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can tell you now that a virtual PC will not allow it to be fast enough for any of todays current tuning programs for our LS1 based cars....

it might seem to work..but you will get a lot of errors in the data and its not exactly safe for flashing..1 wrong error spot and you have useless pcm