Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Radio stays on after AAA opens car

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio stays on after AAA opens car

So yesterday I stupidly locked my keys inside my car and didnt have the extra pair anywhere so I had AAA come over to unlock my car. Later that day I noticed that my stereo and windows were not shutting off after I opened up my door and the horn didnt beep twice when I locked it with the fob. I tried to reset everything by unplugging the battery and resetting the pcm but no dice. Has anyone ever had this problem?

btw.....2002 z-28 A4 w/factory alarm
Old 11-07-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I can't help with system not reseting but here is a tip: make a copy of your door key, and shove it all the way in the back of your wallets credit car holder. That way you hopefully don't lock your wallet and your keys in the car and can still get into your car. (Thats experiance talking)
Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It might just be a coincidence. Do you have this problem when opening either door? Or is it just the driver's side?

I'd check the door switch to see if that's working. Then I'd remove the door panel from the door the AAA guy opened for you, to check for damaged wiring.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by prince xizor
Sorry I can't help with system not reseting but here is a tip: make a copy of your door key, and shove it all the way in the back of your wallets credit car holder. That way you hopefully don't lock your wallet and your keys in the car and can still get into your car. (Thats experiance talking)
I thought I was the only one who did that......
Old 11-07-2005, 10:38 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

i've seen slim jims and other door-opening equipment screwing **** up, but that's just WEIRD. hope you get that checked out....
Old 11-07-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I checked the wiring and found that the electrical connections that connect to the top of the power door lock solenoid had been knocked off. He tried to get into the car at both doors so both connectors got knocked off. After replacing them everything works great, thanks guys.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Strange. Glad it was something simple to fix.