Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Testing the noids, can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Testing the noids, can anyone help?

Hey guys,

I just installed my single stage NX wet kit with WOT switch, fpss, Nexus Fuel Pressure Gauge as well as a Nexus Nitrous Pressure Gauge, and MSD manual window switch pilled for 3000 and 6000. I'll be spraying a 100 shot and wanted to make sure I did everything correctly and everything is ready to roll. This is my first kit and actually (scary part) my first time really wiring anything up beyond a shift light.

I have everything grounded, connected, powered and switched ready to do. I know I put the carriage before the horse on this one but how can I test the solenoids to make sure they are both working?

I know when you don't have the window switch, you can just crank the car up and with no nitrous or fuel running through, push the WOT switch and check for the clicking. Can I simply pull the pills out of the window switch and accomplish the same thing or is it not that easy? I know the window switch is connected to the fpss and didn't know if it would cause it to crap out?

Thanks guys and sorry for the long post.

Dustin

Last edited by 02BlackBullet; 11-07-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:41 AM
TECH Regular

Please?

I need to spray!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by 02BlackBullet
Please?

I need to spray!

Ok to start you will need to pull the fuel line off the nozzle and place and hold into a gasoline safe container. MAKE SURE NITROUS BOTTLE IS OFF AND THERE IS NO PRESSURE IN THE LINE....
Install a low rpm chip say around 2000rpm, start the car, get to 2k and you should see fuel coming out at a decent rate.. Hold line tightly YOU DO NOT WANT FLYING ALL AROUND THE PLACE...
If it all happens you are good to go... Reinstall the fuel line makeing sure the jetting is inplace and get it...

Now this is only 1 of many ways to test a system.. I just happens to be the complete tesing since you are testing all electrical items at the same time.

Ricky
Old 11-07-2005, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Pulling the pills out of the window switch won't help. With it connected to the system the only way to test the solenoids is to either disconnect the window switch, or start the car and bring up the rpm's to 3000 before manually hitting the wot switch. Be sure to have the bottle CLOSED when doing this. If the car dips in rpm when you do this, that means at least the fuel solenoid is working. To see if the nitrous solenoid is working during this method you can touch a metal screwdriver (or whatever, as long as its metal with some type of protective handle on it) and touch it to the nitrous solenoid. If it is working, then the solenoid will be magnetised and the metal object will stick to the solenoid.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Regular

Awesome guys, thanks for the fast replies. Ricky, I used that exact diagram for installing everything. I'm 99.99999% sure everything is wired correctly but I just wanted to make sure before I took the hit on the street.

Jeremy, Thanks for the testing method. I'll try that when I get home!

Thanks again,

Dustin
Old 11-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont have to run the car, to bypass the window switch the relay just needs a ground signal, place a jumper wire 85 to ground, this takes the window switch and fpss out. then you can just tap the wot switch.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Just a quick noob question...can I use a constant 12 v current inside the car instead of running a wire to the battery?

Thanks again.

Dustin
Old 11-07-2005, 11:08 PM

Dustin, as long as that 12volt wire can handle the amp draw then yes, but most wires inside the car are not rated at the 30amps required on a kit.
Ricky
Old 11-08-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

Would that cause the noids to not fire? I'll re-run the wire and hook it to the alt. or the battery for power and see how that goes. I thought I followed the directions to a T but something must have got switched when I was running everything into the car. I'll have to take another crack at it this coming weekend.

I had the car cranked, reved up to and past my pilled setting and hit the wot switch to no avail. I don't think the noids are getting power.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:23 AM
TECH Regular

Anyone?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:48 AM

Heres 1 test if the relay is clicking and noids are not fireing.

Ricky