Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Help with the StS turbo.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with the StS turbo.

hello , this is my first thread on this forum. I need your help with the sts turbo. I live in a small island/counrty called Bahrain, the weather here is mostly humid and hot. I own a Lumina SS, which is also called Commodre SS in Australia. This is the site for the specs of the car, pictures, and etc http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/...w?modelid=4005 , but i dont think there is a big difference between it and the GTO. Both are ls1's and im only talking about the 2004 cuz the 2005 has an ls2 engine. (hint:my car has 4-speed automatic transmission)

I've been to ststurbo site and i love it, and i've seen the turbo kit. i saw one of ur dear member's car perform really nice on the drag strip, i think it was kenny and i must say im really impressed .

Anyhoo i would like to know:

1.The name of parts for the upgrade kit w/the price.

2.What do i need to keep the car driveable and safe when installing the sts turbo w/the price?

3.What is the best place for tuning my ecu? can i send mine over there and get it tuned?

4.What do u think of this turbo?How would u rate it from a scale 1-10?and y?

I hope these questions are not vague and are clear to all of u, who know about the sts turbo and i would appreciate ur help
Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

I think the GTO is based on the Holden Monaro rather than the Commodore, so the piping might not be correct. I could be wrong, though.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You should definitely call the guys at STS, they can verify if it'll fit your ride. But, there are a few things that you should consider. Aside from the base kit, you'll need a fuel pump, larger injectors, boost controller and either meth injection or a FMIC. But, before you order anything, you need to think it through. What kind of power do you want to ultimately run? This stuff, if addressed before, can save you a bunch of money. And, when planning, remember boost is addictive.

Mail order tunes can work, but I wouldn't suggest them. You need to find someone locally that can tune the car for you, OR buy a tuning program and learn how to do it yourself. Good luck!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

If you really are interested in the STS then give them a call their good about helping people out and if you reall want a kit then they can probly fab. one up for you.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy
You should definitely call the guys at STS, they can verify if it'll fit your ride. But, there are a few things that you should consider. Aside from the base kit, you'll need a fuel pump, larger injectors, boost controller and either meth injection or a FMIC. But, before you order anything, you need to think it through. What kind of power do you want to ultimately run? This stuff, if addressed before, can save you a bunch of money. And, when planning, remember boost is addictive.

Mail order tunes can work, but I wouldn't suggest them. You need to find someone locally that can tune the car for you, OR buy a tuning program and learn how to do it yourself. Good luck!
thanx all of u for your replays

nyss guy, you've dealt with it, can u list me the parts i need to make the car stand the power. The power i want to run is between the 500-600whp mark. for the 'saving' part, thats why im asking you guyz to help me find the easiest/ cheapest way to get the mods. by cheap i mean the best prices for everything i need on the market and im talking about the US.

and for the tuning part, the tuners here suck and most of them cant get it right or dont even know wat their doing. a friend of mine told me its better if i send my ecu there and get it tuned.

it would be nice if u could list me the parts i need
Old 11-08-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know a guy he is in kuwait that haves the sts kit he is nexst too you and he made 540RW on 9PSI and he is a nice guy you if you would like i can give you his number soo you can speak with him.and what he told me thear is a shop thear that tuned his car.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know a guy he is in kuwait that has the sts kit he is next to you and he made 540RW on 9PSI and he is a nice guy if you would like i can give you his number so you can speak with him.and what he told me thear is a shop in kuwait that tuned his car.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

I would start by fixing your steering wheel.

It was mounted on the wrong side of the car.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Aussie Muscle
thanx all of u for your replays

nyss guy, you've dealt with it, can u list me the parts i need to make the car stand the power. The power i want to run is between the 500-600whp mark. for the 'saving' part, thats why im asking you guyz to help me find the easiest/ cheapest way to get the mods. by cheap i mean the best prices for everything i need on the market and im talking about the US.

and for the tuning part, the tuners here suck and most of them cant get it right or dont even know wat their doing. a friend of mine told me its better if i send my ecu there and get it tuned.

it would be nice if u could list me the parts i need
What you should do is talk to the guys at STS. Tell them your plans, and they can build a kit around what you need. You can also talk to Billy at TRTTurbo.com. These guys can help a lot. Other stuff to look at is gauges, rear end (if you need a stronger one), suspension work, and a clutch or stall converter.

To hit 500-600 rwhp, you should really consider a forged bottom end. It's possible to hit that power level with only a cam and the turbo, BUT I think you'd be pushing it. This is all gonna depend on what your budget is.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy

To hit 500-600 rwhp, you should really consider a forged bottom end. It's possible to hit that power level with only a cam and the turbo, BUT I think you'd be pushing it. This is all gonna depend on what your budget is.
I was thinking the same thing. Check out the STS Camaro SS that is in the project car section of my website. Bob
Old 11-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by firehawk123
I know a guy he is in kuwait that has the sts kit he is next to you and he made 540RW on 9PSI and he is a nice guy if you would like i can give you his number so you can speak with him.and what he told me thear is a shop in kuwait that tuned his car.
that would be GREAT pm the number plz.

Originally Posted by cham
I would start by fixing your steering wheel.

It was mounted on the wrong side of the car.
ehehehe

y? isn't your steering wheel mounted on the left?!

and nyss guy thanx for ur help and others

Quick Reply: Help with the StS turbo.