Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help fixing my ses problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help fixing my ses problems

sorry to post a thread just asking for help with a code but i unfortunately don't have any friends with any new obd cars that they tune and work on so i'm kind of on my own except for this site. first off i got a p0151 code about 6 months ago and about 2-3 weeks later i finally got around to changing it. after i changed it the code still didn't go off. i cleared the codes off at work with a scanner but they came back, so i just left it alone assuming that it was a faulty wire somewhere. i don't drive my car much so in the past 6 months i've prob only put 500 miles on my car. my wife and i have been staying with my sister while we were having some stuff fixed on the house so i had to drive my car more and i've noticed that it's been running rough. so i get the scanner the other day and check my codes again and i 3 diffrent o2 sensor codes and a knock sensor code. i cleared the codes figured i would have to change the knock sensor and left it alone for about a week. i just checked it again the other night and now i have these codes. i'm gonna defect out my o2 sensor and see if that fixes that problem but i'm worried about the random missfire. anyone have a clue as to what is causing it and what i need to do to fix it. i know that the plugs need to be changed. it's something i've been meaning to do but just have been putting off. i'm gonna change them maybe next week. other than that any info would be greatly appriciated...zac

Last edited by Zacs98Z; 11-08-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Normally when someone gets the P0300 code it from the install of a higher duration/lift cam and still running the car on stock tuning. If you know the plugs and wires are due for a change go ahead and change them. I would also change the O2 sensors while I was at it for assurance. After the tune up, clear the codes and drive the car to see if you get the SES light again.