Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Billet grille

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Billet grille

Are there any billet grilles that match up with the stock mounts? I am kinda looking for a black one, but i can get a silver one powdercoated black for next to nothing....any help is app.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Far as I know the main two variants are:

eBay cheapies that zip tie in place, some even in front of the factory grille (yuk).

Stull types that require removal of the factory grille and drilling four small holes in the fascia. The stull ones are very nice. There are so many on eBay I can't say what is good and what is garbage.

I was really nervous about this at first, but then I thought about it, and in any case the factory grille would cover those holes up. So worst case you go back to factory.

Looks like you've got a pretty fast car, so treat her right and don't cheap out on the grille.

Maybe someone can post some links to the good-quality ebay grilles.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by todddchi
Far as I know the main two variants are:

eBay cheapies that zip tie in place, some even in front of the factory grille (yuk).

Stull types that require removal of the factory grille and drilling four small holes in the fascia. The stull ones are very nice. There are so many on eBay I can't say what is good and what is garbage.

I was really nervous about this at first, but then I thought about it, and in any case the factory grille would cover those holes up. So worst case you go back to factory.

Looks like you've got a pretty fast car, so treat her right and don't cheap out on the grille.

Maybe someone can post some links to the good-quality eBay grilles.
Ive actually had both..the zip tie one arent that bad unless you get close up to one that was installed really bad...
And I currently have the Stull installed but I installed ON TOP of the black plastic part...look really great..so I screwed the grill right into the plastic...

This is the zip tie grill

and hers a close up ..sorta of the stull installed on top of the plastic

another

Last edited by BitViper; 11-10-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a billet grill on my car and it didnt match up with the holes but the plastic is really soft so i just used some sharp screws and they went right through it.