Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a lil help

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need a lil help

ok guys since i have gay 2:73's I've decided to get a stall instead of gears. I'm going to get a fuddle or maybe a vig. my ? is what would be the best size converter and STR for a car that will never see track? just around town punchin it/lil street racin fun once in a while...(maybe to the track once a year for ***** and giggles) tire wise i'm stuck between eagle F-1 GS-D3's or Nitto DR's but over all street tires. when it comes to "street racing' it'll be from a small roll for the most part and some digs. I don't need a super high str that wil blow the tires out from a roll and lose control of the car. i want a good converter that has a good punch to it and will wake the car up a lil with out roasting the tires every single time i punch it.(i was thinking of a 2800-3000 stall with a 1.7-1.9 str) Also in the next year or two i'll be adding the cheaTR heads and cam package and wondering if the small stall will be enough for it. remeber street tires and no track!....thanx guys u know all! any suggestions?!?!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:02 AM
10 Second Club

dont go smaller than a 3500. youll end up wanting more later. do it once and do it right. my 3800 is very streetable with my 2.73's. if you get the stall youll want to race more, so I'd get a slightly higher STR. from what it sounds like, I think you'd be well suited for a 3500-3600 stall with at least a 2.1 STR
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

that ratio seems it would punish the tires from a stop or roll.....anyone else.........please.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

i have a vig 3600 and i love it! daily driver. 2.5 str. highly recommend!
Old 11-10-2005, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.converter.cc/wizard/wizard2.htm

try our converter choice guide it might help you out!

Also look for our 2 new converters that will be released on Monday
The new SS3400 will be your converter
Old 11-11-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Regular

after reading, it seems like your Yank 3000 is the best choice. even though it has a 2.1 str the guide said its the perfect chice for street and strip(all street for me) and it also said it won't hit my tires to hard off teh line and i'll see most of the pull for 2200-4000 rpm...sounds like a winner unless someones got something better. Thanx for teh info Yank!....i think your Yank 3000 might be the best choice for street mostly!(in my case at least)....anyone agree?
Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Transgression
after reading, it seems like your Yank 3000 is the best choice. even though it has a 2.1 str the guide said its the perfect chice for street and strip(all street for me) and it also said it won't hit my tires to hard off teh line and i'll see most of the pull for 2200-4000 rpm...sounds like a winner unless someones got something better. Thanx for teh info Yank!....i think your Yank 3000 might be the best choice for street mostly!(in my case at least)....anyone agree?

You may want to consider the SS3200 also, with your gears. It costs more, but is designed to be a much tighter converter than other manufacturers' 3200's. I have a H/C/longtubes, etc., C5, with stock 3.15s, and the SS3200 is what I ended up ordering. I don't strip race my car either and drivability was very important to me. The converter hasn't arived yet, and following installation in the spring, I do have traction fears, but will deal with that when the time comes. That will be fun and give me something to look forward to during the winter. Give Yank a call, tell them what you have and what your future plans are, and see what they recommend...they're good guys and very knowledgeable.
Ed