PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My LM-1 sensor died, I think, need a new one...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Question My LM-1 sensor died, I think, need a new one...

Today, I wanted to fine tune my VE table some more and to just get more experience with SD tuning. You guys know the phase, "Practice makes perfect".

So I get everything set up and start driving around my neighborhood. So far, so good, my LM-1 and HP Tuner scanner is showing good numbers.

I get out on the main road and I start getting some very lean readings but they are intermitting readings. It seemed that when I put a load on the car, it went to 19:1 A/F. I let off the gas and cruise, then my A/F goes back to normal.

I get back home and pull the sensor out and do a free air cal. I put it back in and go for another ride. It did the same thing.

The thing is, I just used it on a 383 A4 car a few weeks ago and it worked fine. It's about 9 months old. I always power the LM-1 up before I start the car.

Another thing that was always kinda weird was after I turned the LM-1 on and let it warm up, when I start the car, the LM-1 is heating up the sensor again. It starts at 75% and takes about 6-10 seconds then it works fine/reads fine, is that normal?

Since it looks like the sensor is dead, where is the cheapest place to get one at? Do any sponsors sell the WB O2 sensors by themselves or just the LM-1 kit? I beleive I have the Bosch WB O2.

Bill
Old 11-10-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=sensor
Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the link.

Since I want one fast, I'm going to get one from my local Jeg's store so I can use it tomorrow, but I will also order the cheaper one for a back up.

Is the Bosch part # 021906262B ( https://www.1stvwparts.com/part_number.html ) the same sensor as the LM-1 unit uses?

Should we preheat the sensor before we start the car or heat it after the car is running? What is the real answer to get maximum life?

Bill
Old 11-11-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

021906262B is the one I bought... it's a Bosch LSU4.2 but the cable is a little shorter than the cable on the O2 that the LM-1 uses

I was told by Innovate not to preheat the O2 since if the car's been sitting there could be condensation in the exhaust... and wet + hot O2 = not good... Innovate recommends heating them after the car is started
Old 11-11-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Cool...

as long as it has the same end connector, I might order 2 of them for that price!
Old 11-12-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

I bought one from Jeg's this morning and I'm up and running, works perfect. Now it's time to buy a few back ups.....