Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How much power on stock 6.0 piston & rods?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 03:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Question How much power on stock 6.0 piston & rods?

I have a 04' 6.0 block with about 3k miles;, how much power is possible with a turbo on stock rods and pistons with arp bolts assuming a correct safe tune? Not looking for forged parts right now, just want to put in my car with a custom t76 turbo system in a 00 T/A. Im looking to make about 600 rwhp for now. Can this engine handle it? Any input fellas? Thanx
Old 11-13-2005, 03:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

People have went well over 700 rear-wheel, but I can't imagine anyone claiming that is safe. I suppose it also has a lot to do with how many rpm you have to spin it to in order to make that HP. I haven't heard of any rods or pistons being crushed from too much torque, but they will sling apart from too many rpm. Until someone in GM's engineering department lets us in on their millions of dollars of research data, noone really knows.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive heard of people runnin 10's on these stock engines with upgraded rod bolts,i will keep rpm's to about 6-6500 its a street car,daily driver i am having the heads ported and iam using a 02 zo6 cam with upgraded valvetrain. Not lookin for real hi-boost yet, just decent power with low boost, thats why imhaving the heads ported.