What can i Say about the Shootout @ SAR

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What can i Say about the Shootout @ SAR

What a bad *** weekend... Meeting all the ppl from around the U.S.A. coming to race. Getting wasted at the mexican resturant. I will give details later, but now i must get ready for a tackle football game.

It was great meeting everybody and seeing old faces. I hope to see everybody soon!

Regards,
Tyler

Hook'em
Old 11-13-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes it was a blast....still down for next month?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Banned

i finally got to meet you yesterday over there with Scooter from HPE, you and your brother look so much alike it freaks me out a little.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had fun and I actually drove my car to and back, I need like a cookie or some thing, rather uneventfull, couple of close ones with the law but all in all good time.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:32 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

Yep it was fun, except loosing in first round of brackets lol, hope to see a few more of you people sunday the 20th at the gtg.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:56 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had a great time. It was nice meeting you V8 in the lanes. That truck is strong!

We got to hang with a lot of old friends and met several new ones. Tyler, Jay, Gray and Mikey were definitely in "fun mode". LOL.

The weather was nice and comfortable and we had some great racing. I was hoping for a little better turn out, but it was still great!

I've gotta give props to the various racing teams and groups that attended. It was just too cool seeing the competitiors working together and helping each other out. There was some true sportsmanship taking place and it gave me that fuzzy feeling inside watching it take place.

Hats off to the NC Boyz. They are some good people and came very well prepared as well as the Ohio Turley team. If we could clone that one lady "pitcrew" we could make some serious $$ She worked her butt off doing the work of 3 guys.

We always have the unpredictable happen when you are dealing with high HP cars, but fortunately the event ended with no injuries that I was aware of. There were some uncontrollable let downs, but nothing that wasn't a normal part of high HP racing.

2 thumbs up to the LS1tech.com event crew. Thanks for putting it together and making it a very successful event! We appreciate you guys and ladys.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

EVERYTHING THAT Mr. Day said.

It was awesome that everybody was helping each other. Mad Man was putting everybody in the grooves, Lydia was draggin the bumper and crackin oil pans like a crazy ***. The Ohio Boys working their asses off. Sucks to see Wormy/Josh/Rick and the whole crew run but not finish. STILL GREAT SEEING YALL. Glad I got to booze w/ Brandon(Strini SS), and great seeing you again Alexis.

BUT my hat goes off to Mike Pabone. Jesus, your car! Not only does it look damn good, it rolls the **** out. We were all looking at that last pass to see an 8.4X crack off, but then it nose dived. Sorry to hear it was only the disconnect. Glad to see the car roll out, as you are I'm sure too.

It was great to finaly meet PSJ, Reckless, and the RPM crew.

And like I said when we put up that high dollar tab @ the mexican resturant. Damn I love drag racing and the ppl that go with it. We are all a bunch of crazy asses.

Thanks to the ppl that put in all the hard work, I had a great time!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NiceTry
Yes it was a blast....still down for next month?

you know it... just give me a call!
Old 11-13-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

pic of lydia draggin that bumper
Old 11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Banned

notice in the background who is standing watching....

it really sucks that it hit the wall...that paint job is pimp, i'm sure they'll get it fixed up and be ready to race again soon. Keith, get a damn Canton!
Old 11-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Yep...Madman and Turley behind the car. I was there too, but not in the pic. Glasd everyone had a great time and it is always fun to hang with everyone. That is the best part of the racing IMO
Old 11-13-2005, 06:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Every time I see that Formula I am taken away by how clean it is, I was telling Edgar to put that thing in some car shows as well as races, that thing is super clean and the atention to detail is sick.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Banned

that's madman and Dan from Wolfe Racecraft behind the car, Turley isn't in that pic that i can see. they should thank Dan for getting the car down the track.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

TOOOO many memories came from this weekend...

What a blast guys. Definately need something going for next year.. even if it is only ONE event. Definately a great time.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

We had a blast as well...even with me wrecking the car...lol. There are so many people to thank, I wouldnt even know where to start. First I guess I would have to thank all of my guys...we came SO FAR in the 2 days before the race working our butts off just to be there. Need to thank Brian (Brains) also for the little tuning advice he gave us to get the freaking car started...lol. Also, of course, Madman for helping us set the car up and being there for me everytime I needed to line up. Dan, thanks for making some kickass suspension parts to make the car hook like it does.

I guess the last thing is thanks for everyone showing up and being so helpful and nice...the guy that took Jay all the way to the end of the track to come get me when I hit the wall...its stuff like that that makes this all worth while...oh and all the fun we had after the races too

Sorry so long!
Old 11-13-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigBronco
TOOOO many memories came from this weekend...
Yes!! same here... right when i was picked up friday night I knew it was going to be an interesting weekend
Old 11-13-2005, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Lydia what happened? That sucks cause your car is awesome
Old 11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by liftin'em on nittos
notice in the background who is standing watching....

it really sucks that it hit the wall...that paint job is pimp, i'm sure they'll get it fixed up and be ready to race again soon. Keith, get a damn Canton!
Auto Zone has some pretty good touch up paint lol jk
Old 11-13-2005, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys i was there this weekend and have most of the event on video, was kind of short on cash though so i didnt take pics, but man i had fun....hey Mexican u didnt take that car in your sig right? cause i dont remember seeing it.....man i was eating a burger under the bleachers when i turned around and saw that freaking awesome pewter ws6 coming back down ....it was a very memorable moment..lydia is an awesome female driver and her crew are a bunch on kool guys that didnt mind anwsering our questions about the car....i just cant believe that they broke the oilpan and were able to fix it and run the car again, now that is what i call being prepared..man and that female one team pit crew from ohio was awesome she knew so much about the car...i couldnt believe the formula with those silver flames from ohio ran 7's friday night....the couple from t56 rebuilders are very nice as well they answerd alot of questions for me....just wondering what the people in here that did go to the shootout thought of my car....it was the only white ss there at the shootout...me and my friends in his 35th anniversary,and the blue ss and my other friend dmoney's black t/a all went up there from here in laredo.....cant wait till go to year and actually compete in my car.....

hey v8 my friends know how you feel cause they got out in the first round as well..the red 35th ss and the nbm ss...texcamss has a nice joe gibbs truck and a experienced driver as well....i love seeing women involed in racing !!!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

hey congrats to all , had alot of fun. Met alot of new ppl and saw some good racing. The first thanks is to Pro Stock John, and the whole RPM crew for taking the tab and buying dinner after the race. Now folks thats just class, and really nice and apperciated. To Lydia, for being one bad bitch for driving that car. Super impressive and awesome to see a chic do what she does, and did! Look at the photo above. Would also like to congratulate Jay and Mikey of GForce on the record for the Impala! Well deserved! And thanks to Tyler "Powered by Satan" for the hospitality all weekend!

Rob "da BJ king"

also a thanks to Brains and Madman for the Drinks at the bar as well!