PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a Diablo Predator do the job?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will a Diablo Predator do the job?

I've got a 99 TA....I've already ordered most of the bolt on parts, just gotta get em put on....I also hope to order a 9" soon as well, but I know the Predator will allow me to change the gears to 4.30's ....

I'm considering a set of the Dart heads, a TSP Torquer V2 cam, I've got an LS6 intake to put on (I think the Predator will turn off the EGR and AIR...)....and I'm considering a 100 shot on top of that....

Seeing as how the car is a 6-speed, and I wanna be able to switch between NA and nitrous tunes....do you think I could get the job done with a Predator? Or should I bite the bullet and dive off into HPTuner or something?

Thanks,

-Will
Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hardware will get that job done, finding a tuner to program it to get the job done will be the difficult/nearly impossible task.

Ryan
Old 11-14-2005, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

I have never actually used a predator but I have heard as far as tuning options you are limited. Also, the mail order tune thing seems like a shot in the dark to me. These cars definetly need tuning after installs like heads, cam, intakes etc. HPTuners is underpriced IMO, it is the greatest tool for tuning these cars you could imagine. There is also numerous write-ups and instructions for tuning even a monkey could learn to do it.

If you are interested in tuning and want to learn how to do it, buy some tuning software. If not, I wouldnt waste your money on Predator, I would just take it to a tuner shop and have them tune for your modifications.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

slow,

Thanks, I'll check around and see...

00Z28SS,

Thanks...Main reason I don't wanna "just pay someone to do it" is it allows me the ability to tune the car, if I make any changes in the future....and it allows me to switch between NA and N20 tunes at will....Only reason I would want the Diablo over edit or tuners, is price, and convenience.

-Will
Old 11-14-2005, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

In this life it really is true that 'you get what you pay for'.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00Z28SS
In this life it really is true that 'you get what you pay for'.

touche...

I'll put some more research into HPtuners then ....I've already got a good laptop lol

-Will
Old 11-14-2005, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

It will be the best purchase you make for your baby.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

The Predator is great with a bolt on car. I would highley suggest that you get a mail order tune from Jason at TSP when you get the H/C package. With that and a timing tuner you will be much happier.

Or as you mentioned you could bite the bullet and get HPT.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:03 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys....Like I said, I've got some more research to do, before I pony up and purchase something like HPT, but I to have a H/C/I/N2O car....so I wanna make sure that I get the full potential outta it

-Will
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have a Predator programmer you can have it for shipping! If you can actually get them to to reset it it will work. I have returned my car back to stock tune. The rev limit adjustment does not work corectly and you have to get a custom tune to set that. The gear ratio setting does not work correctly and you have to alter the tire size instead and hope its close or get a custom tune for that also.

It is HPTuner or EFI Live for me in the next few weeks.