PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting some KR when tires spin, why?

Old 11-14-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default getting some KR when tires spin, why?

i have just been wondering, why would i get KR when i get wheelspin? if i take off in 1st and hit it to about half throttle and the tires start spinning, i get a decent bit of KR.

also on my last log, i shifted into 3rd and got knock and then it went from 3 to 4* halfway through the gear. any ideas on that? the car is running 13.1:1 and i didnt have any knock when accel in 2nd on that run. im wondering it it could be wheel spin again maybe?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an idea, but the knock from the tirespin could be from the load of the motor changing thus changing the grams/cylinder of the motor but a higher rpm. That would push the timing table into a higher range then causing knock.. what does your CYLAIR show in your knock retard map? I could be all wrong but it sounds logical..lol

What is the timing set at when the knock occurs?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill check that out. makes sense lol. i can take off in 2nd in those ranges and if i get traction all is well. that knock in 3rd gear that happened bothers me as well. i could see the initial knock from the shift but not halfway through the gear, plus i didnt see a speed spike there...

Search this Thread