Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers for a Lowered Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers for a Lowered Camaro?

What is the best header that I could buy that would cause me the least clearence problems. I have a 2" drop and was wondering if clearence is as big of issue as i have heard.
-Thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Are you wanting longtubes? For lowered id prolly go with midlengths. despite what is said, they do flow, my friend ran 10.92 with them
Old 11-14-2005, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
What is the best header that I could buy that would cause me the least clearence problems. I have a 2" drop and was wondering if clearence is as big of issue as i have heard.
-Thanks

pacesetter headers tuck up real nice i mean really,really nice. the only issues is the ypipe you will have to get it as close to the bottom of the car as possible w/out making it hit the bottom of the car when you go wot.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:48 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yeah Pacesetters get my vote.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Contrary to popular belief shorties and/or mids dont have any more ground clearance than a longtube (except slp). The low spot is gonna be the y pipe. The pacesetter longtubes for example tuck up almost all the way to the floor of the car so close that running a 3" pipe off of the collector would result in the pipe resting tightly on the floorpan. Cant get any toghter tucking that that

The mids and or shorties will allow the y pipe to start before the floopan so that way if you want to use a 2.5" y pipe instead of a 3' then theoreticaly you could gain 1/2" of clearance. Not worth it IMO.

I would get longtubes and the pacesetter y pipe since its the highest tucking 3" y pipe made. Go in and clean up the merge and you will have yourself a nice little y pipe.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
11 Second Club

Def. Pacesetter. I have Eibach Sportlines, about 1.8 in. of advertised drop, but I think mine went lower. Granted, after some miles, I did scuff the collectors on the ground. I never felt them hit, just noticed when I was under the car. I currently am running the TSP true duals and hardly ever drag them.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am VERY satified with my Mac mid-lengths now. My car isnt lowered as of now, but lowering is in the plans. i daily drive it, and i HATE any vibrations and rattles from exhuast, so i went with the mac, and am very satified with fitment. PLus the ory tucks up real close to the bottom of the car, and it bolted right in with no leaks. Cant ask for anything better for $500. My car now has traction problems after the headers, definatly could tell a difference.