shops/individuals in DFW area w/LS1edit-help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default shops/individuals in DFW area w/LS1edit-help!

just wanting to know if there are any shops/individuals with LS1edit in the DFW area that can help me with a tuning issue. i will be in the DFW area thursday night-sunday night. post in here if you are or know someone, and i will PM you with the details. ive got people watching me

oh, and im not looking for a handout.

the car is a 2002 A4 Z28

i have heard there is a shop/individual in keller, texas, that would be very helpful!

thanks in advance!

-anthony
Old 11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you need any tuning, or just LS1Edit? Simple Quick Racing in Benbrook has HPTuners and they can probably take care of you. They've got a skilled tuner over there
Old 11-15-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

yep, great tuner at SQR!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Do you need any tuning, or just LS1Edit? Simple Quick Racing in Benbrook has HPTuners and they can probably take care of you. They've got a skilled tuner over there
i have a full tune already,and i think the shop just overlooked something, and it wasnt their fault. im throwing code P0757-shift solenoid B circuit stuck on. im told this can be permanently deleted or adjusted. im sure Hp tuners would work, im just dont want to have to pay for a full tune to do one fix. could QRM do this? got a phone number or email addy?

thanks!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here is their info:

Simple Quick Racing
(817) 738-RACE
Fax (817) 249-4384
Simplequickracing@Landrocket.com
7600 Benbrook Pkwy Suiite 8
Ft. Worth, Texas 76126
http://www.simplequickracing.com/
Old 11-16-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Here is their info:

Simple Quick Racing
(817) 738-RACE
Fax (817) 249-4384
Simplequickracing@Landrocket.com
7600 Benbrook Pkwy Suiite 8
Ft. Worth, Texas 76126
http://www.simplequickracing.com/
thanks, i will give them a call tomorrow. i pm'ed them, they read it, and i got no answer
Old 11-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Suspended Sponsor

Hey Anthony , i did read the PM im waiting for Scott to come up here im gonna show it to him and let him shoot you back a answer , ( He does the tuning here) .. Ill get back with you soon.
thanks .,
Daniel
Old 11-16-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
i have a full tune already,and i think the shop just overlooked something, and it wasnt their fault. im throwing code P0757-shift solenoid B circuit stuck on. im told this can be permanently deleted or adjusted. im sure Hp tuners would work, im just dont want to have to pay for a full tune to do one fix. could QRM do this? got a phone number or email addy?

thanks!
If you delete the code the trans will stick mess up if its in the car still. if it is some mph adjustments need to be made to the shifting tables to cure it. It usually will throw that code on the downshifts and around town driving from slowing down to slower speeds and speeding back up. If its still an A4 car, dont half *** fix it, fix the true concern.

Mike
Old 11-16-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Daniel@SQR
Hey Anthony , i did read the PM im waiting for Scott to come up here im gonna show it to him and let him shoot you back a answer , ( He does the tuning here) .. Ill get back with you soon.
thanks .,
Daniel
thanks man, lemme know.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
If you delete the code the trans will stick mess up if its in the car still. if it is some mph adjustments need to be made to the shifting tables to cure it. It usually will throw that code on the downshifts and around town driving from slowing down to slower speeds and speeding back up. If its still an A4 car, dont half *** fix it, fix the true concern.

Mike
so if i get someone to "trick" the pcm into thinking its not there, it wont fix the problem? it will still lock into second gear?
Old 11-16-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have never had this code come up, so I'm in the dark on it. If you run a search on it, there are mixed reviews. We can delete it, but you have to know up front, when the tranny takes a dump, I'm not responsible. Anytime a solenoid is stuck, that sounds like bad news to me.....but I'm no tranny guy.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
I have never had this code come up, so I'm in the dark on it. If you run a search on it, there are mixed reviews. We can delete it, but you have to know up front, when the tranny takes a dump, I'm not responsible. Anytime a solenoid is stuck, that sounds like bad news to me.....but I'm no tranny guy.
well, it says the circuit is stuck on, so isnt that just the pcm thinking its slipping, due to the big stall? i never had any problems with this before the stall, so isnt it just a pcm/tunning issue? i will look into this more..........
Old 11-17-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
so if i get someone to "trick" the pcm into thinking its not there, it wont fix the problem? it will still lock into second gear?
Yes. I believe so.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
Its a tuning issue when a big stall is introduced. The PCM will lock it into gear thinking its slipping. Big stall = 3600+

Chris R actually did a decent job on this but I didnt like his shift points for around time driving to cure it. Its really the down shift side i believe.