Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Does the Borlamouth Compare to Dumped True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:29 AM
dug
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How Does the Borlamouth Compare to Dumped True Duals?

Which is louder in the car? Does the borlamouth even compare in sound with true duals?
Old 11-16-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't heard the borlamouth in person but I have heard the loudmouth. The true duals are going to be louder in the car because of the fact that most are dumped at the axle. In just what I've read from many people, the borlamouth even has rasp, especially w/ a cam. But IMO true duals > all
Old 11-16-2005, 12:54 PM
dug
Banned

Yeah, I am sure duals will always sound best. Its drone and resonance that worries me with duals dumped under the car. I am thinking maybe a borlamouth will have less drone and sound good enough to be done with it.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:12 PM
dug
Banned

I am probably gonna go with either TSP true duals with Sweet Thunder mufflers or the Borlamouth.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

To me the interior drone/resonance is very small...just make sure the tips point at 45 degree angles and not straight down. The sweet thunders are known for producing almost no drone and the least interior resonance for any td setup. I just made a 450 mile trip w/ my car and even w/ it dumped at the axle, the interior sound level is not a problem. It will be louder w/ a cam but I'm going to put in some sound deadner, just a thought.