Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Important Question, Big Spring Pressure and Street Driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very Important Question, Big Spring Pressure and Street Driving

Guys, i'm in the process of running a cam with .754"/.760" gross lift (before lash) via 1.95 ratio Jessel C5-r Rockers. My springs that I will run will be 700ish open pressure and 300ish seat to deal with the lift and rpm (the lobes are comp's extreme street rollers, valve are titanium). T&D told my buddy that his aluminum T&D rockers will break eventually at the body do to is 800 open pressure springs and he will need their steel rockers. Jessel said that I will be fine with my rockers and 700ish open pressure and said that they don't even offer a steel rocker arm body. Do any of you out there have any experience with this kind of spring pressure and street cruzing/racing? This is not a daily driver by any means but will see about 5000 or less miles per year. Thanks. BTW, I will be using valve cover mounted spring/rocker oilers.

P.S. Does anyone know what kind of pressure the c5-r teams run on their springs? I understand their motors don't turn much over 6000 so I'm not sure if they run crazy lift or not. Thanks?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Contact Katech, they can probably answer your C5R questions. As for me, all I can say is holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Ran Jesels in a customer engine with 375 closed and over 1100 open with no rocker failures...

NMRA True Street application. 30 mile cruise and back to back passes... Minimal street usage though....

Ed
Old 11-16-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. A friend has been walking with WW Engineering regarding their steel rockers and the guy from WW indicated they will last much much longer but after consulting many sources about my rockers it seems as if they will work just fine. Thanks again.