Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I Need Experts Opinions

Old 11-16-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Experts Opinions

I bought this spec 3 clutch and pp and aliminium flywheel used for 2000 miles. And changed it a month ago. Also changed my slave cylinder with a brand new one... I did the drill mod way ago on a brand new master cylinder! When I was installing I followed all the torque specs and I bleed it very well. However, when I am on high rpms car is vibrating too much and recently my clutch started to feel stiffer and stiffer, it is way harder to push now. At first it had the same feeling with my Z06 clutch. I know somethings definately wrong but what... Thanks for your help already guys

Btw if I change my clutch I wanna keep the flywheel, so wondering what other clutches can I use with this flywheel
Old 11-16-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh btw its a T56
Old 11-17-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

noone?
Old 11-18-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vibration is a sign of out of balance pressure plate and flywheel combination. You should have a machine shop neutral balance the assembly before being installed. I'd guess it was out of balance, and the vibration has shaken one or more of the bolts loose. If it vibrates while sitting in neutral at various RPMs I wouldn't be driving around on it. Could cause damage to the lower end of the engine, and worst case if that flywheel/pressure plates comes loose or shatters it could kill you.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike44138
Vibration is a sign of out of balance pressure plate and flywheel combination. You should have a machine shop neutral balance the assembly before being installed. I'd guess it was out of balance, and the vibration has shaken one or more of the bolts loose. If it vibrates while sitting in neutral at various RPMs I wouldn't be driving around on it. Could cause damage to the lower end of the engine, and worst case if that flywheel/pressure plates comes loose or shatters it could kill you.

Thank you mike, that was the answer that I was looking for
Old 12-12-2005, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

any other idea's ladies and gentlemen?

Search this Thread