Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking a specific torque arm based on setup ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Picking a specific torque arm based on setup ?

As title says, I need some helping with picking which torque arm would suit my needs based on my car's setup. Here's the specs: 400rwhp NA A4, QA1s, LCAs, relocation brackets, 17" Nitto DR or M/T radials (stock rim), full weight (optioned car) minus AC and battery moved to the back.

Heard about all the BMRs breaking, heard how the Madman's make our cars hook like, well, a madman.......For my "mild" setup, will any TA make the same improvement, or will the Madman help a step further? OR.....will one even make an improvement at this level?
Old 11-19-2005, 08:02 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MADMAN torque arm is a very nice piece. Its one of only 2 torque arms that has adjustable instant center. I personally like the MADMAN over the Wolfe because it had the built in driveshaft loop and was a shorter design. Its a very stout piece. I wouldn't skimp now, then upgrade later. You may have a mild setup now, but believe me, drag racing is very addicting and you may find yourself getting deeper and deeper into the mods. Even if your setup does remain mild, there's nothing wrong with running the MADMAN.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about noise level? I expect/don't mind extra vibrations, sounds, etc, but don't want something that will drive me nuts when driving around town.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
The MADMAN torque arm is a very nice piece. Its one of only 2 torque arms that has adjustable instant center. I personally like the MADMAN over the Wolfe because it had the built in driveshaft loop and was a shorter design. Its a very stout piece. I wouldn't skimp now, then upgrade later. You may have a mild setup now, but believe me, drag racing is very addicting and you may find yourself getting deeper and deeper into the mods. Even if your setup does remain mild, there's nothing wrong with running the MADMAN.
I must totally agree with Dragaholic here, go with the Madman!
Old 11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pimpium57
How about noise level? I expect/don't mind extra vibrations, sounds, etc, but don't want something that will drive me nuts when driving around town.
Well I can't really help ya there cuz everything in my suspension has rod ends and I run open headers, so pretty much everything is loud, but hard to distinguish where it's comin from, hehe!
Old 11-19-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Well I can't really help ya there cuz everything in my suspension has rod ends and I run open headers, so pretty much everything is loud, but hard to distinguish where it's comin from, hehe!
I know how that is!!
Old 11-19-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
I know how that is!!
Yeah and I have solid motor mounts and a poly trans mount to go along with it too, hehe!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Yeah and I have solid motor mounts and a poly trans mount to go along with it too, hehe!!!!
Me too, and the rod ended TA, LCA, PHR....
Old 11-20-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Me too, and the rod ended TA, LCA, PHR....
Ya know what, I just realized the phr is the only non rod ended part, i'm gonna get the badz one to match my lca's, but haven't gotten it yet and I still have the bmr with poly ends.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Retired Street Racer

The Madman TA is a quality piece, but so is the BMR Xtreme. That is what I went with.