Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

headlight lens "ONLY LENS"

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight lens "ONLY LENS"

Is it even possible to buy a new lens, snd only the lens not the whole headlight, tryed to clean up the headlights but it seemes as if the spiderweb cracks go all the way down.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redsscamaro
Is it even possible to buy a new lens, snd only the lens not the whole headlight, tryed to clean up the headlights but it seemes as if the spiderweb cracks go all the way down.
im having the same problem only i got the cracks out but now the polish wont get the scuffs off from the wetsanding
Old 11-20-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What grit did you use to wetsand? Maybe starting from where you left off and then working up to a finer grit would help with the scuffs, then a good plastic polish would help get rid of the fog.

For the lense, I personally have never seen only the lense for sale. Could try buying a used set, as I'm sure that'd be a lot cheaper. Maybe find someone that recently purchased a set of halos. If you do have a couple hundred to spend, ProCarParts.com has commercialized the whistler mod, and has housings where the inside is already painted black/smoked.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

The ProCarParts versions arent exactly the same as the Whistler mod (as I like to think anyway..) their version is just the outter chrome bezel, not the inner piece.

About the only way you're going to be able to get new lenses is probably at a junkyard, or find someone who's parting out their car and is willing to sell off their entire assembly. Other then that its 1) new housings entirely 2) Halos or the ProCarPart versions of Whistlers.

Quick Reply: headlight lens "ONLY LENS"