Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

CHEAP car cover for FBodys?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 11:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHEAP car cover for FBodys?

Im putting the car into storage today and I do not have a car cover (I have not bought one, I am searching for one now)

Im thinking old blankets... until my car cover gets here.

The car will be a garage, so it wont be directly exposed to the elements. I just dont want a layer of dust and **** developing on it so I have to wash it again when the car cover arrives.

What do you guys think?

Put some blankets over it in the garage, or just park her in the garage and wait a week until the cover arrives?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Launching!

id say if you will have a good one soon and you want to save money just throw some soft blankets over it. Just make sure they are clean ones. Othewise if you really want to you could go get one of those universal covers from like wall mart for like 20 bucks?

I just recently bought a car cover off ebay it is the one made by GM that fits perfectly on it. Nice cover but new its about #200.00 bucks. I was able to pick it up for $90.00
Old 11-20-2005, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Go to wal mart and get a size 3 Tyvek car cover. $40 and good quality.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

what about for outdoors, like goin to be in the back yard. what would ppl recommend?
Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
what about for outdoors, like goin to be in the back yard. what would ppl recommend?

I have just put my car away for the winter, and unfortunately its gonna be outside too. I did alot of research and found that Cal Car Cover's Stormweave is one of the best outdoor covers you can get. They make 1 or 2 other really good outdoor ones as well, but the stormweave has everything you need. It cost me $189+ tax and shipping. I dont know if its more or less for 4th gens, but if your car is gonna be outside you shoudlnt skimp in any way.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

California Car Cover is what I recommend. I have their flannel lined softweave cover for my car. It was about $140 and it's custom fit for the car. It's mostly for indoor use but can be used outside but it's not as good as a Stormweave for long term storage outside. I've had mine for a couple years and it's nice. Cheap Walmart covers tend to scratch the paint as they're a pretty stiff material.

Quick Reply: CHEAP car cover for FBodys?