Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Bottle Heater Not Working ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NX Bottle Heater Not Working ???

Update: Works Fine

OK we dynoed the car last week and used the heater and it worked fine. I remeber my installer checking the heater a few times and saw him thinking it was NOT working because ti wasn't hot at all yet, but then he said, oh duh,,,,,It was working, I just had to let it warm up.

I have that NX pressure transducer that they wired up in case that makes any difference. I turned the bottle on and the pressure was at 650 on my electrical gauge thats in my ash tray.

OK I had the Key Turned on, but the car was not started. I turned the bottle heater switch ON (Which is DOWN on the left NX switch Panel.It ARMS system when you press that switch UP and turns on the heater when DOWN)

Had the key on, and waited for 5 minutes and the heater pad never got hot. I saw the dim red light glowing on the switch panel, but the Bottle heater was not hot.???

Am I doing something wrong ????????????????

Man I was going to go run the system today for the first time, but again my stupidity and bad luck continue.

If I get any more frustrated and can't figure it out, I will send it to the NX guys and have them look because they will figure it out in a second. It looks to be getting power, but I had that issue with the small square black patch that was comming up from the heater pad (it covers the white wires) so maybe they aren't touching correctly and getting a signal?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

THANKS

The Bandit (aka dummy)

Last edited by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit; 11-20-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe the car needs to be running? Maybe he wired it up that way? I know he had the car running when he flipped the bottle heater on when it was on the dyno.

I can't test it now because it is backed in the garage and blobked in, and will fill it up with fould fumes, cause i have NO cats

He also switched my MSD digital to come on only when the arm button is ON on my switch panel.
Old 11-20-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Have you run the bottle heater with a battery charger connected to the car. The extra voltage can cook the sensor. Have checked to make sure the relay is clicking and the main power fuse is not blown. If the relay isn't clicking on then the pressure switch is not working.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Fixed it. Had to have the Bottle OPEN 1st in order for the heater to work. Not sure if this is normal or a built in saftey measure.

The car was running when I had the bottle open and then hit the heater and it worked fine. Not sure if the car has to be running or not, but it seems that I just neededot have the bottle open in order fo rthe heater to get power.

All is Great! It was too dark to actually run it for the 1st time so I will hit it next week