Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with tsp ory

Old 11-21-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with tsp ory

well i finally did a pacesetter coated lt header install this weekend and everything went great until the y pipe. I have gmmg exhaust and a tsp ory and no matter what i did i couldnt get the pipes to match up from the headers to the exhaust i pipe. I tried for about 4 hours every combination possiable. I think im just going to take it to an exhaust shop because it seems like on of the bends is off or something. When i called the exhaust shop he said no body in my city does manderal bending and if a bend is the problem is going to have to be crush bent or w/e. will this take off that much hp.?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

nm it ended up that just a pipe had to be shortened where it curved off the headers because it was too long....they welded the whole y together...man lt's, ory, and gmmg sounds sweet! I highly recomend it. It is a little loud but sounds sweet...all in all lt's are an awsome mod....lots of power
Old 11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Good deal. Glad to see you got it taken care of. Me and a buddy installed my headers and ory........if I had to do it again i would prolly let a shop deal with the y it kicked our *** bad! And yes headers are definetly worth it!!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine didn't fit either. My drivers side header won't fit the Ypipe nor would the catback slip into place, I had to take the Y to the exhaust shop to have the Y expanded.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:20 PM
SSU, come over and relax

you might have had a part of the x pipe

happened to me and when we got it cut it fit up just fine

Search this Thread