Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help

I'll be moving to the Houston area in May or June. I've been looking at houses near Houston and see alot in the Spring and Cypress area. Are these good places to live? I'm sure like all cities they have their good and bad parts, but for those who know, are they? I'll be going to the Univ. of Houston, roughly how far is the drive? Mapquest said anywhere from 30-45 minutes. Mapquest doesn't tell about how much traffic, rush-hour, etc. Any help would be appreciated guys.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes, there are many of us from cypress. Great part of town, very new and growing. Depending on time of day is how long the drive to UH. Can take minimum of 30-45 mins, but pending on traffic, over an hour. Not too bad though, many people from this area commute over there.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by camarodave98
Yes, there are many of us from cypress. Great part of town, very new and growing. Depending on time of day is how long the drive to UH. Can take minimum of 30-45 mins, but pending on traffic, over an hour. Not too bad though, many people from this area commute over there.
Are there any areas to avoid, North, East, etc?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Spring and Cypress are great parts of town, but they can be a pretty long drive to UH. 30-45 minutes without traffic sounds about right, but there are very few times during the week when Houston is "without traffic".

It's hard to say there are any parts of town to avoid, simply because Houston is unique in that you can have some rough parts of town right next to really nice parts of town. The east and southeast side of town have lots of industrial complexes (refineries and such), so they create some interesting odors, but there are some really nice homes in that area.

Before we were married, my wife lived in Deer Park (east Houston) and I lived in Westchase (west Houston). We decided to meet halfway, but living inside the 610 loop is WAY expensive for what you get, so we went south to Pearland. We really like it, and we got a lot for our money when we bought a house. Pearland and Friendswood are also close to UH, which is just south of downtown.

-Mike

Last edited by chupr0kabra; 11-22-2005 at 12:56 PM. Reason: I kant spel
Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Spring and Cypress are great parts of town, but they can be a pretty long drive to UH. 30-45 minutes without traffic sounds about right, but there are very few times during the week when Houston is "without traffic".

It's hard to say there are any parts of town to avoid, simply because Houston is unique in that you can have some rough parts of town right next to really nice parts of town. The east and southeast side of town have lots of industrial complexes (refineries and such), so they create some interesting odors, but there are some really nice homes in that area.

Before we were married, my wife lived in Deer Park (east Houston) and I lived in Westchase (west Houston). We decided to meet halfway, but living inside the 610 loop is WAY expensive for what you get, so we went south to Pearland. We really like it, and we got a lot for our money when we bought a house. Pearland and Friendswood are also close to UH, which is just south of downtown.

-Mike
Thanks.
I'll look into Pearland and Friendswood to see what they have to offer.