Woot! Its back!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Woot! Its back!

To some of you that might know me from the past I've always had an idling issue when my cam was installed by speed demon. Ever since then When I turned on the AC the car would drop in idle and die. The car would never start up normal it always took like 3 minutes till it would find the idle. Well After 2 years of this crap it finally runs the way GM designed it to run. I got fed up with the car stalling on me when I had to take it to school cuz my parents had to use my truck. I was like Fuct it! I pulled over and the 1/4 socket drive had the right size socket to unscrew the PCM. I was ready to bash this piece of crap on the ground. Mind you I've had the car tuned twice by different people and it still wouldn't idle right. Well I reseat the computer connections and ta da! The damn thing works now. Since yesterday I've been stall free I can leave the AC on and the car can sit over night and when firing up during a cold start it goes to idle!

So after all this rambling thats done I just want to say I'm excited like a little school girl! You guys don't understand. I've been down in the dumps lately because I had a car that was just cursed and driving it sucked because I knew it would always have that Idle issue. Ahhhh the joys of driving my car is great!

Time to put on my Z07 rims that are sitting in the garage and start working on the minor details that have come with neglecting a bastard car.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Congrats on getting your car running good. Things like that will drive you to sell you vehicle. No go enjoy it
Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Breakfast Fanatic

Its good to hear man, give one of us a call maybe we can get lunch or somthing.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Launching!

Will shoot for that. I'll be gone for the Thanksgiving holidays. Will be up in Michigan visiting the significant other. No I didn't get married when I left to Iraq! she keeps me sane. Anyways Take care and hope to hang with you guys again.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not to hijack your thread, but has anyone talked/heard from Speed Demon. Chris K.?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

I dunno what happened. I know that he went out of buisness. Thats the last I've heard since I came back from Iraq. When I came back he said he'll look at my car and then I could never get ahold of him since then.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

same deal here, different situation. can't get in touch with him.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Launching!

He's a really good guy, but just don't bother taking it to him. Whats your prob?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Mustang Moderator

Chris is keeping low, and planning to open up a new shop in the future. Thats the last I heard, but hes doin well.

Good to hear you got the car figured out Mike! Keep an eye on it though, I hope the PCM doesn't learn its old ways and then start to run like crap again

Arron